Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two newest additions to the Altmiller farm  (Read 2587 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Two newest additions to the Altmiller farm
« on: February 29, 2020, 02:21:37 pm »
I just purchased these 2 horses from a good friend. I have rode the larger horse and really like her. My exchange student,Pablo, rose the smaller horse and he is great also.

Annabelle with Cayenne

Pablo with Chief Crazy Horse

Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Two newest additions to the Altmiller farm
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:26 pm »
Oh, they are so pretty.  I love horses and horseback riding, and I don't get to ride anywhere near as much as I would like. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 10:28:06 pm »
It is going to take a few days to a week to get them used to the new location. Cayenne broke her lead while we were brushing her this afternoon. She spoked when my granddaughter plopped the blanket on the fence in front of her.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 01:58:04 am »
Congratulations! I was raised riding horses and have been riding my entire life. I appreciate peace and pleasure they bring. Anytime is good riding time and I especially enjoy riding through the woods and trails when it is snowing, so peaceful, beautiful and quiet. It's like riding through a winter wonderland! Wonderful creatures made by our Heavenly Father!

Phillip Hall

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:25:59 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 03:18:43 pm »
It is going to take a few days to a week to get them used to the new location

Spend your couple of weeks intro time doing groundwork, including some sacking out.  Don't want them spooking over plastic bags on the trail or something   :grin:

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 08:17:31 pm »
Thanks Kathyp,
We worked with them almost all day. Most of the morning was walking them on a lead and brushing them. Chief Crazy Horse was calm enough to ride and my granddaughter rode him.  Tony, the previous  owner of them came over around 11:00 and we worked on Cayenne for a couple of hours and she also calmed down and we rode both of them on and off until 4:30. They are great horses. Judy and I went for a ride and went out of the pasture with them. We ever crossed a small creek on my property with no problems. I was really glad Judy was able to ride with Tony?s encouragement and guidance.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 09:48:23 pm »
Sounds like you are off to a great start.  Some horses take change better than others.  I always start with groundwork even when I get a broke horse.  I like to know quirks before I get tossed in the bushes   :cheesy:

I like milk cartons with a few rocks in them on twitchy horses.  tie them to the saddles and after they finish freaking out and trying to get away from the rattle, they settle down and accept it.  learned that one from a friend after a rattly bottle of Motrin in my saddle bag almost got me killed!

Have run.  Stay safe.  Wear helmets!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 09:01:23 am »
Thanks for sharing with us. I'm enjoying reading everyone's thoughts

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 09:27:14 am »
Last night, after I came home from a bad house fire at 4:00 in the morning, Cayenne called me as I opened my truck door and I called her. I walked back to the house from the barn and she came running. I walked over to the fence and she and Chief Crazy Horse came over to me. I gave her a hug and petted CCH. It was awesome.
🐎
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 08:08:27 pm »
Very cool

anything