Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Tam Tam

• New Bee
Hello!
« on: September 29, 2018, 11:10:35 am »
Hi! I am a first year beek. Started with 2 very healthy nucs and now have 5 hives.  I tend to research the heck out of things and am always looking for ways to improve my bees' health the most effectively. I am considering raising bees for packages some time in the next year or so, but we'll see. I've had horses here for the last 29 years and gave them all away when I had some health issues this past December. The bees now reside in the horse paddocks LOL. I also have a high octane Belgian Malinois that I compete with in French Ring and I have been a nurse for 24 years. I am always open to new ideas and plan on learning a lot!
Thanks!

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:25:18 am »
Hi! I am a first year beek. Started with 2 very healthy nucs and now have 5 hives.  I tend to research the heck out of things and am always looking for ways to improve my bees' health the most effectively. I am considering raising bees for packages some time in the next year or so, but we'll see. I've had horses here for the last 29 years and gave them all away when I had some health issues this past December. The bees now reside in the horse paddocks LOL. I also have a high octane Belgian Malinois that I compete with in French Ring and I have been a nurse for 24 years. I am always open to new ideas and plan on learning a lot!
Thanks!
Hi there,
we got horeses AND bees...
if you want to produce packages, you`ll need really good queens or your buyers will not buy again...so...give that some time. I have been keeping bees for 10 years now and I am still VERY reluctant to sell bees because I always think it should be highest quality what I give away.
good luck with your new animals!
blackforest beekeeper

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything