Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Cappy

• New Bee
Hello
« on: July 05, 2018, 01:49:00 pm »
I am a first year (2018) beekeeper with two colonies. I live in Ohio with my wife/best friend. We are homesteading our small farm learning a lot as we go in preparation for a hopeful future move to a larger plot in Missouri a few years down the road. I started with a package from northern California and a couple weeks ago I shook some nurse bees into another hive and added a locally raised queen. Both are Carniolan. The first is a 7 frame Langstroth and the second is a Warre'. Both seem to be thriving and if they overwinter well I will be doing splits in the spring. This winter I intend to build a couple AZ hives to put in a re-purposed pigeon coup that is upstairs on our tractor shed. I hope to get a couple Cordovan queens for those. The long-term plan is to have a variety of hives behind the garden with Carniolans and AZ hives with Cordovans in the building my wife's dad raised racing pigeons in. When/if we move to a bigger place I will build a new tractor shed with a second floor for bee equipment and AZ hives. So for now it's an experiment with high hopes.  :smile:

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:59:44 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:24:04 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Good luck with your endeavor.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything