Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: We need to remove the left from Power  (Read 3271 times)

Offline salvo

• House Bee
Re: We need to remove the left from Power
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 11:37:15 am »
Hi Folks,

Just throwing in a couple of comments about equality in this brave new world:

Facebook has a problem with black people, former employee charges
Jessica Guynn
USA TODAY

SAN FRANCISCO ? Facebook has a problem with black people.

Google has a hard time keeping its black employees
by Sara Ashley O'Brien   @saraashleyo
June 15, 2018: 12:05 PM ET   

CNNMoney

Google's employee attrition rates are highest for black and Hispanic employees.
That's according to the company's annual diversity report, released this week. For the first time, the report included data around employee attrition to gauge retention of certain cohorts of employees.

Blacks are actually loosing the economic battle, except for government jobs. Our "new immigrants" who want to work will fill the lowest jobs. While low wage Asians fill the tech jobs. "They are just doing the work Americans don't want to do!"

Young liberals, with masters and phd's, like my nephew and his wife (NEVER had jobs. Early 40's. Living with their two year old in her father's 650 square foot home)  don't care, as long as SOMEONE ELSE does the hard and important work. Universal Basic Income for all is the mantra.

Yeah! I'm bitter. They have a lot, lot of friends, just like themselves. Wasted lives.

Sal
Salvo

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 12:28:11 pm »
I find this quite comical.  I have never been it the military but in civilian life I found absolutely no difference between men and woman if you are speaking of a difference between being in charge and being a leader.  What I have found is men are better at managing woman and woman are better at managing men.  You being a woman, I can see where your bias originates.
The brain capacity or ability of a man vs. a woman is exactly the same.  And there is no difference between all the races.  The only difference is opportunity and that is because of suppression.  Like you say quotas don't make a difference.  The only thing that will make a difference is opportunity.  The nut to crack is to have a system that will give equal opportunity.  I think it starts at the family unit.  Something that is eroding today.  If every human being BELIEVED there was no difference between the abilities of a man or a woman the equality would appear in the workplace, in the military, and in our government.
You yourself do not believe this, so that will propagate into your children, their children and so on.  That is the route cause of racism.  It is learned.  It cannot happen any other way.

Men and women are different.  They interact with people in different ways.  They problem solve in different ways.  They are not the same in strength and stamina. 

Many women are good at being in charge.  Some of my best civilian bosses were women.  Being the boss rarely calls for leadership.  The two are not the same.  Most women are not good leaders.  Some of the worst officers I ever worked for were women.  They were good at their job, but they were not leaders.  You can argue nature vs nurture if you wish, but the fact remains that leadership is is a skill.  Many who have it are born with the skill, some learn the skill, a few don't know they have it until they need it.

I think you confuse equal opportunity with equality.  We do not all start in the same place.  We do not all end in the same place.  The only requirement from the government should be that those who are equally qualified for school, or work, should be able to equally compete for those positions. 
There are places where genders are not equal.  We should not pretend that they are.  I am not sure how you got from gender to race, but there is no difference other than culture among races and ethnic groups. 

Some do get there on merit and some don't. Not unlike any other occupation.  Do you honestly believe Trump got his degree on merit?
Affirmative action might have given them the opportunity but it can't make up for the oppression the individual endured getting to that point.  Unlike the white man affirmative action does not have the money to waste on one individual to buy their way through medical school.  The individual must be exceptional to make it through.  Now it could happen that the individual came from some wealth and was already a member of the club but that would not be from affirmative action.  That would be know as a black man with white privilege.  Not quite the same as a white man but far and above BLM or affirmative action.

This is a huge plop of BS. 

As you pointed out, there is no difference between races as far as intelligence and ability.  What you miss is culture.  Among black natural-born Americans there is a culture problem.  Absent fathers, gangs, etc.  Things we know lead to bad outcomes. 
Among blacks who immigrate into this country, there is not the same problem.  Black immigrants do well here.  If racism was an issue, they would not have job and education opportunities and they would not do well.  Asians do well here.  Even when they came with nothing, or were brought here as slaves, they ended up doing well.  Hispanics who come legally do well.
It is true that it might take a generation or so for immigrants to become successful. 
Black Americans do well when they do not get stuck in the "You need our help your you can't succeed" of the left.

When we find people are not doing well, we probably need to look at what those people are, or are not doing that holds them back.  They can't take advantage of an opportunity if they do not go out and grab that opportunity.

Under Trump, like him or not, minorities did better by all measurements.  Unemployment was down, minority-owned businesses were up, wages were up.  More minorities voted for Trump the second time than voted for him the first time.  Depending on who is counting, he got 18 to 20% of the black male vote.  26% came from non-white voters including Hispanics that live along the border in TX, who were happy to not have as much illegal immigration trouble. 

We have laws that address discrimination.  If there are issues, then those laws need to be upheld.  What we really need is to teach kids of all backgrounds that their path to success is not by way of government programs.  I have never seen someone become successful, no matter their race, by being dependant on someone else to take care of them. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2021, 03:07:29 pm »
Race?
I know a man who was a hay man. He made his living the hard way, in the hot blazing sun baling, and selling hay. Heat advisory warnings were not considered. First years, square bales and later with the advancement of technology, big round bales. He was never rich. Never owned a big nice fancy home or car. He did raise four kids.

He was good to the teenagers who helped him in the summer months of hay. He loved the kids that helped him. Got attached to each and everyone, and they loved him. He had that type personality of a daddy figure. Always taking personal interest in each. I suppose because his daddy died in his early years.

I am going to tell you a true story of two of those boys who helped him in the hay fields and who he also helped as well. One was a scrapping big strong boy who was raised by his daddy. The daddy was an old man who wore glasses so thick they looked like coke bottle bottoms. His mother died before the boy had a chance to know her. The daddy died in the boys early teenage years, leaving him alone.

The second boy was just the opposite with his family upbringing, his mother was old when he was born and she died in his early teenage years. He never knew his daddy.  I never knew the story but I assumed he died when the boy was young.

One boy was white and one was black. Does it matter to you Ace which was which? It did not matter to the hay man. Boy one, use to come to the local country store with his daddy before his daddy died and neither talked to anyone, just did their business and left until his daddy died.

Boy two also came to the local country store with his mama.

OPPRESSED?
Boy one was found parked in front of the old country store one cold winter night, (a young teenager), probably not even holding a drivers licenses yet. He was there in his daddy's OLD truck, with an extension cord plugged into the stores outside electrical outlet attached to a portable electric heater inside the truck. This boy was scratching to stay warm and alive. When found in the middle of the night, the store owner ask the boy what he was doing. The boy said I am just trying to stay warm. The electricity is cut off and I can't pay for it. I have been sleeping in the corn crib under blankets but it was just to cold tonight and I remembered seeing the plug in in front of you store. The store owner left the boy to it feeling compassion for the boy. The hay man heard of this and helped the boy. The boy that following summer went to the hayfield and came out of his shy shell. He and the boy became the best of friends. This boy never complained of his hardships and was never told how bad he had it. He just did the best he could and actually became a friend to all. A hard worker and always cheerful and a pleasure to be around.

Boy number two was peddling his bicycle down our local narrow two lane hwy and was not paying attention and swerved over just enough to get struck by the haymans front bumper. Yes the same hay man. The boy did a flip in the air and came down with no broken bones. Even though the hay man was just putting along it was miraculous the boy was not killed.  The driver was seeing about him but the boy just kept saying, I am ok. Please let me go, (pointing), I live in the house over there. I am ok. (The house was not much to see). This boy too was very poor. Had nothing much. He too went to the hayfield that summer. No one told either how oppressed or poor they were. Boy number two was also a delight to be around and he too was a joy and a friend to all who worked with him. Never complaining about his circumstances in life.

Both of these boys learned the meaning of hard work and friendship in that hayfield. When I say hard work I mean hard hard work! Everyone was equal. The sun was just as hot for a white boy as it was a black boy. The job was equally hard for each. I do not know of many jobs harder. In the blazing hot sun all day, no shade, no AC, and plenty of heavy hay bales to lift, throw, and stack in both truck and barn with dust flying, all day long each day until sunset.

Both of those boys realized quickly they did not want to spend the rest of their lives working in the hot hayfield. One eventually became the owner of a used car company, the other became a top man at a Large Railroad Company and one of the owners most trusted men. These boys did well for themselves. Even though each was at a severe disadvantage as youngsters. Their race did not hold them back nor advance them. They pulled up their boots by their own boot straps. Thank God they both grew un In America where you can be a winner if you have the desire. Can you guess which was white and which was black? Does if matter except for, maybe curiosity's sake? It is no secret. If you really want to know I will tell you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:49:37 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 09:48:21 am »
I have never seen someone become successful, no matter their race, by being dependant on someone else to take care of them.
So we were all born from aliens, no parents?  Your statement is ridiculous.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 09:56:47 am »

Both of those boys realized quickly they did not want to spend the rest of their lives working in the hot hayfield. One eventually became the owner of a used car company, the other became a top man at a Large Railroad Company and one of the owners most trusted men. These boys did well for themselves. Even though each was at a severe disadvantage as youngsters. Their race did not hold them back nor advance them. They pulled up their boots by their own boot straps. Thank God they both grew un In America where you can be a winner if you have the desire. Can you guess which was white and which was black? Does if matter except for, maybe curiosity's sake? It is no secret. If you really want to know I will tell you.
Nice story Phil.  What does it prove?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2021, 10:05:56 am »
"So we were all born from aliens, no parents?  Your statement is ridiculous.
""

NO, yours is. He said "by" being dependent. That means their dependency made them successful. It does not mean a successful person was never a dependent.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 01:05:20 pm »
So we were all born from aliens, no parents?  Your statement is ridiculous.

I have never seen someone become successful,

operative word "become".  Most children do not become successes at much except growing up.  When they BECOME adults, they make choices.  Those choices determine outcome.  If they choose dependency on the government, do you think they have a chance of success as long as they are dependant?  If so, please provide some examples of how that might/has worked? 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 02:18:28 pm »

Nice story Phil.  What does it prove?

Thanks Brian; To answer your question. Among (other things), It proves no matter ones beginnings, be it humble or otherwise, or an individuals beginning circumstances rich or poor, no matter what a person's family status may be when that individual is born into this world, no matter ones race, color, creed, or an individuals standing in a community; There is good news in America! America has a blue print provided by our Wise Founders for (each) and every one of we (individual) citizens, that guarantees a fair playing field for each and every "individual" citizen of The United State of America.

It does not guarantee that each citizen will grasp onto this wonderful idea of our Founders, or claim the document written and guaranteed to each citizen (Our Constitution). I don't even know if these rights and privileges for each individual citizen are taught in schools anymore? And if they are, are they taught with enthusiasm as they should be and deserve to be? We are all individuals and have individual hopes, dreams, and choices to make in life.  Do you not find that unique and fascinating that the avenue is here, written on paper a sealed document, guaranteeing those rights and privileges here in America for each of its citizens? The above, especially the part that you did not quote in reply 42, once again proves what Jerry Clower once said about America and Americans. "In America ; If you have that Bull Dog hang on you can be a Winner!" These boys once again proved it (God Bless them and their hearts).  Read 42 once more and maybe you will get a clearer picture of the meaning. We are a Blessed Nation.

.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:24:38 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2021, 08:58:01 am »
That means their dependency made them successful. It does not mean a successful person was never a dependent.
You should really look into the life of Trump.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2021, 09:09:44 am »
There is good news in America! America has a blue print provided by our Wise Founders for (each) and every one of we (individual) citizens, that guarantees a fair playing field for each and every "individual" citizen of The United State of America.
                                                                                                                                                                             .
Phil, this is where you are completely delusional.  Your story doesn't prove that at all.  As a matter of fact no where on this earth is there a guarantee of a fair playing field and there never will be.  The United States as long as it stays united offers the greatest amount of opportunity, BUT NOT for everyone.  Some citizens are excluded from that fair shake because some of it's citizens are racist.  How can you think you are better then someone else and think they have the same opportunity as you.  That it illogical.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2021, 09:15:04 am »
I think you guys are crazy if you think individual will guarantees good out come.  Every person should try but to say that is all you have to do to be successful is about like saying jewish laser beams started the california fires.  Pure phantasy.  What about the guy who falls off a ladder and is put out of work of the person hit by a drunk driver or the wife with young kids that her husband bread winner dies or the guy who worked for 25 years and his factory moved to china.  You guys have such a bad view of those who are not lucky or that have life hit them in the face.  They didn't try hard enough?  Come on!  Your real political statement is to stack meanest on top of pain.  It is fine to look up to those that do well but punishing those that don't meet your standards still seems to make you feel good about your selves.  That works well until it is you that is being looked down on.  Hope your luck holds so you can keep your high valued views.

By your views, everyone who is not a billionaire is a slacker.
Jeeze.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2021, 09:21:35 am »
There is good news in America! America has a blue print provided by our Wise Founders for (each) and every one of we (individual) citizens, that guarantees a fair playing field for each and every "individual" citizen of The United State of America.
                                                                                                                                                                             .
Phil, this is where you are completely delusional.  Your story doesn't prove that at all.  As a matter of fact no where on this earth is there a guarantee of a fair playing field and there never will be.  The United States as long as it stays united offers the greatest amount of opportunity, BUT NOT for everyone.  Some citizens are excluded from that fair shake because some of it's citizens are racist.  How can you think you are better then someone else and think they have the same opportunity as you.  That it illogical.

No, you are the one who is delusional and confused. How do you think so many American people of so many different races of people have accomplished what they have here in America? By that  document is the answer. That blueprint for success.  That document is the avenue for success for a better life here and that document will insure that success continues for any citizen who has desire to succeed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 09:38:28 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2021, 06:38:48 pm »
BUT NOT for everyone.  Some citizens are excluded from that fair shake because some of it's citizens are racist.  How can you think you are better then someone else and think they have the same opportunity as you.  That it illogical.

Well, Biden just put a racist in charge of the civil rights division, so you may have a point.

I think you guys are crazy if you think individual will guarantees good out come.  Every person should try but to say that is all you have to do to be successful is about like saying jewish laser beams started the california fires.  Pure phantasy.  What about the guy who falls off a ladder and is put out of work of the person hit by a drunk driver or the wife with young kids that her husband bread winner dies or the guy who worked for 25 years and his factory moved to china.  You guys have such a bad view of those who are not lucky or that have life hit them in the face.  They didn't try hard enough?  Come on!  Your real political statement is to stack meanest on top of pain.  It is fine to look up to those that do well but punishing those that don't meet your standards still seems to make you feel good about your selves.  That works well until it is you that is being looked down on.  Hope your luck holds so you can keep your high valued views.

Try reading the posts again.  There is no guarantee of an equal start or equal outcome.  There is only the guarantee of equality under the law.

What we have is a foundation to try to make sure we achieve that equality, and that foundation is the law of the land.  It is true that SH and people don't always achieve, though no fault of their own.    We can find all kinds of examples.

Broadly, in this country, you can achieve as much or as little as you want if you are willing to work hard.  If something happens and you don't get there, your children have that opportunity.  We do not have a class or caste system.  We are not defined by our past or origin. 

And yes, that woman is a nutter.  We have one!  The left seemed unconcerned about Guam tipping over, or Bush blowing up the levees, or Swalwell and others sleeping with a Chinese spy and then getting the highest security positions in Congress, Or the Biden family doing dirty deals all over the world, or the world ending in 12 years if WE DON'T DO SOMETHING, or Tlaib calling a black woman a prop at a congressional hearing, etc., so I think we can deal with one nutter.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2021, 06:58:20 pm »
Kathy
Those choices determine outcome.  If they choose dependency on the government, do you think they have a chance of success as long as they are dependant?  If so, please provide some examples of how that might/has worked?

There is a difference in ending up in a place of needing help then having the will to succeed cause you started out with the opportunity.

Bens post could be right out of readers digest.  There are nice stories for one and then there is real life for most.  We have what we have to fix what was going on when we did not have it.  Some of it is very nice and has real value.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2021, 08:02:46 pm »
Thanks gww, I think....  Meaning what?

.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:09:07 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2021, 08:32:54 am »
How do you think so many American people of so many different races of people have accomplished what they have here in America?
What on earth makes you think that only happens here?  Come out of your box Phil, there is a whole world out there.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2021, 01:57:11 pm »
ben
Meaning there are a lot of stories out there that pull on heart strings or make us proud of people due to their actions.  Still, there are a lot of other stories too.  It is good to be proud of good acts and things but not good to make any pain worse just because it worked out different.  I love it when good things happen and feel pain when it could have gone better. 
That was the general point I was heading for.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2021, 02:03:41 pm »
How do you think so many American people of so many different races of people have accomplished what they have here in America?
What on earth makes you think that only happens here?  Come out of your box Phil, there is a whole world out there.

Brian, what on earth makes you think I may think that can only happen here? However, the chances of it happening here are far greater because of our well thought out Constitutional Document; A provided life building blueprint for each individual citizens personal hopes and dreams who may have such.

Yes there is a whole world out there. With that in mind, where in the world exist a nation with more diversity than America? Why did you family come here? What nation since the fall of Biblical Babylon has so many people from so many nations from all over the world representing so many races of people and tongues, come together? What nation has provided a blueprint for each one of its diversified individual citizens, any (stronger) than America and our American Constitution?  Aren't you excited and grateful for our Constitution, yours and mine? Didn't the hippies even recognize this back in the Sixties? 

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
ben
Meaning there are a lot of stories out there that pull on heart strings or make us proud of people due to their actions.  Still, there are a lot of other stories too.  It is good to be proud of good acts and things but not good to make any pain worse just because it worked out different.  I love it when good things happen and feel pain when it could have gone better. 
That was the general point I was heading for.
Cheers
gww

Thanks gww. Yes It is good when things work out for good as in the true story above. This type of hope was once taught in schools. I don't know if teachers teach how important this document, (our Constitution), is in schools anymore?

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2021, 02:33:26 pm »

Y
es there is a whole world out there. With that in mind, where in the world exist a nation with more diversity than America? Why did you family come here? What nation since the fall of Biblical Babylon has so many people from so many nations from all over the world representing so many races of people and tongues, come together? What nation has provided a blueprint for each one of its diversified individual citizens, any (stronger) than America and our American Constitution?  Aren't you excited and grateful for our Constitution, yours and mine? Didn't the hippies even recognize this back in the Sixties?

The only country that I can think of off the top of my head that has as much "diversity" is Britain.  They have had the same growing pains, but until fairly recently they did a good job of making people who lived there Brits, not hyphenated Brits.  Multiculturalism is the greatest failure and greatest threat to any nations identity.  Unless you are going to keep people out as Japan does, you have to have a national identity that you expect/require people to embrace if you are going to let them in.
Alexis de Tocqueville