Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Don't use grasshopper bait!  (Read 2326 times)

Offline klartunz

• Brood
Don't use grasshopper bait!
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »
 :shocked: I was looking for a safe organic way to control the grasshoppers that are devouring my garden.  I found grasshopper bait that says it is organic and "safe for wildlife. " But when you read further you fund it is Nosema spores!! It says it is safe for humans animals and plants but it kills bees as all as another insects! Whew!  I almost infected my hives with Nosema! Diatomaceous earth kills bees too. Organic does not mean safe for bees!

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Don't use grasshopper bait!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:34:55 pm »
Organic is just a way to raise prices and make people feel good about wasting money.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Don't use grasshopper bait!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:48 pm »
There are many species of Nosema.  The one that kills grasshoppers is not the one that kills bees.  The one that kills silk worms is not the one that kills bees.  The one that kills bumble bees is not the one that kills honey bees.  Only two of them affect honey bees: Nosema apis and Nosema ceranae
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything