Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My home made 9 frame radial extractor  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Wombat2

• House Bee
My home made 9 frame radial extractor
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »
Not one for half measures I decided to make my own 9 frame extractor. My nephew who is a welder of stainless steel made the spinner cage and I made the rest from scrape iron and a sheet of Colorbond.The self draining bottom was fashioned from an old satellite dish.
It is powered by a high torque low RPM drill designed for stirring paint and plaster mixes.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ][ You are not allowed to view attachments ][ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And a video of it working
https://youtu.be/u5bm7FmO12U
David L

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: My home made 9 frame radial extractor
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 08:13:31 am »
That's a nice piece of work! More pictures?

Thanks for sharing,

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »
Nice.   :wink: -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline biggraham610

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:45:42 am »
Can I borrow that this weekend?  :grin: Nice. G
"The Bees are the Beekeepers"

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:53:58 am »
Nice job Wombat. I cannot tell but if your drain is pointing down with the drain in the center of the bottom, it will probably work better than my commercial unit.
Ji9

Offline Wombat2

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:55:05 am »
Nice job Wombat. I cannot tell but if your drain is pointing down with the drain in the center of the bottom, it will probably work better than my commercial unit.
Ji9

I made the bottom out of an old satelite dish ( which turned out to elipitcal - not round - grrr) and yes the tap is in the middle and is self draining.  I built it high enough off the floor to get a 30 kg bucket with a double seive on it but the first use the flow out was faster than the seive could cope so now I run straight into the bucket and seive later
David L

Offline Colobee

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:36:40 am »
That's a beauty! Some lucky grandkid is probably gonna get to pass that down to another - looks like it's build to last a few lifetimes  :cool:
The bees usually fix my mistakes

Offline Ben Framed

• Bee vac salesman
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 01:11:43 am »
Not one for half measures I decided to make my own 9 frame extractor. My nephew who is a welder of stainless steel made the spinner cage and I made the rest from scrape iron and a sheet of Colorbond.The self draining bottom was fashioned from an old satellite dish.
It is powered by a high torque low RPM drill designed for stirring paint and plaster mixes.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And a video of it working
https://youtu.be/u5bm7FmO12U

This is really nice. I looked on your youtube channel and could not find any more on this.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 09:46:17 am »
A center drain is good for cleaning but a side port would give you some settling of debris making straining easier and access to the port easier.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it