Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 7 in Macon Mississippi 4/11 and 4/12 2015  (Read 34796 times)

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bud 7 in Macon Mississippi 4/11 and 4/12 2015
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2015, 11:26:14 pm »
How about some apple jack? I will see what I can do.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
Here's one thing I do with Applejack - I made this recipe at work 4 years ago.

PORK CHOPS with APPLEJACK and GNOCCHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAn2rs6tKc
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 07:04:46 pm »
Getting to be that time folks!
Bud7 is just around the corner! Always fun to see new & familiar faces!
Jim & everyone else for that matter, we pretty much have dinners covered & Saturday lunch, everybody usually brings their favorite type of breakfast sausage & Bud usually makes his world famous sweet rolls but as Beemaster would say in his best "Yankee redneck voice" ain't nobody, no how gonna put Mr. Bud to work, he wanna make his world famous breakfast rolls or to die for bread, he gonna do it, but no one gonna request it, no sir!

It Bud7 & Bud is the guest of honor so to speak, he dere to enjoy & relax, you got a question, you ask JP, Schawee, Bailey or Dallas, they gonna direct you just fine.

Show up with you & yourself, your loved ones too & bring your favorite snacks & keep them with you, maybe some sodas or water, somefin to drink case you get thirsty there out in that field but don't you worry bout going thirsty though when you get back to Bud's they'll be ice chests full of sodas & waters

How'd I do Boss man? 😜

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 07:18:19 pm »
John, really enjoyed that pork chop video btw
New show, "Cooking With Beemaster?"

I think so 👍

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 11:21:17 pm »
lamikin, make sure you tell them you're needing some hands on experience. Someone should show you the ropes. I learned bee keeping from this forum board and Bud's place. I got the hands on at Buds.

My wife and I loved that area. Not much traffic, things go sorta slow and we are starved for that lifestyle. It seemed to have left us a couple of decades ago. We were planning to go, but things seem to be getting in the way right now. We may still be able to make it.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline nadine_9454

• New Bee
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »
Really excited to bee there this spring. Hope the weather's good.

Nadine
Nadine

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 05:40:22 pm »
Sorry Guys, I won't be able to make it this year. Dr. says I have a leaking heart valve and can't stand the trip. I will be thinking of all and hope you have a real blast, like last year. I really enjoyed it, Bud was perfect host, JP did an out standing job with the cut out, Shawee did a really good job with the Alligator sauce picante.  Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope maybe next year.. Have fun and think of me..   JPBEEGETTER  Joel Paul...

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2015, 08:38:02 pm »
beegeter/ i got some fixa flat
garry i gona shore miss youall  especialy those mffins
to bee or not to bee

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2015, 06:57:35 am »
begetter, we'll be praying for ya. It was nice meeting you last year.

Bud, thanks for the mention. We are going to miss all our new friends. I'm still trying to work things out but it's real questionable and favoring to the bad. If we can make it we'll show up late Friday night. I sure did want to learn about grafting those apple trees from ya. If we do make it I'll try to sweet talk ms Diane (that don't work anymore - she sees right through it) to cooking up two batches. One for the gang and one for the host. We'll try to bring some of those ol yard eggs as well.

gary
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 01:13:24 pm »
Well we might have very well made it. HOWEVER, on the way to work Wednesday morning someone waited until I got right at them, then they made a left turn in front of me. Ain't the mind funny, for the 2 seconds prior to the collision, all I could think of is; "Man! this is gonna hurt!"

Totaled my car. I'm okay except for the loss. I had pretty much slowed down enough that I didn't get hurt. A little sore around the back of the neck. All day that day it felt like I had been in the gym all morning doing bench presses and pushups. Thank God no one's confined to a wheel chair or a casket.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 04:59:10 pm »
Wow Gary, glad you are okay. That was a really nice car, if it is the same one. That 2 or 3 seconds when the inevitable becomes the complete focus of what's about to happen feels in an eternity. I've had a few tree collisions in my life, one unconscious and one awake - I think I'll take the unconscious type every time, except Lord knows what you'll see when you wake up.

Really glad you are okay. In hindsite, I'm glad work isn't allowing vacation until we get at least one many, I've been out sick for 2 weeks and EVERY one of those 10 days was an overtime. I just got my BACK TO FULL DUTY note from the doctor an hour ago - I return for 4-12s on Tuesday. I hated missing 5 midnights - gravy shift, but I could NOT have worked one of them. Since this last knee surgery (2 weeks yesterday) I haven't walked except to the car to go to the emergency room and today to my primary care doctor. So, my knees and legs are weak, I need to get walking again - NO WAY ON EARTH even if I had bought air fare could I have made it to Buds, the airports would have exhausted me and it would have been a very trying week.

Keep well.

John
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 09:23:28 pm »
:-(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »
Looking at some of the facebook photos of Bud7. Sure wish I was there. Glad your getting over the infection you picked up John. I hope you regain your strength quickly.
  I will be in for surgery on right hand and forearm on the 27th. Hope to get the mobilty and feeling back to normal, or at least more reliable.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
Glad you are ok Gary.

Bud7 has been great big thanks to Bud for all he has done.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2015, 01:19:21 am »
Missed ya Gary.  Glad your ok.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »
So is there a date for Bud 8 yet?  I was thinking of trying to reserve it...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2015, 02:07:16 am »
Our annual Bud gatherings are the second weekend of April unless Easter falls on that weekend.

Would be an honor to have you Michael!

We were so busy in 2009 at the southeastern organic beekeeping conference that we never really had time to visit.

If you have any questions at all about the gathering I will be more than happy to fill you in.

Looking forward!

...JP

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2015, 09:13:21 am »
That would be Apr 9 & 10 2016 right?  I'm already booked to speak in West Virginia that weekend... :(
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »
Just a short drive away   :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2015, 05:35:32 pm »
I'll put it on the schedule for 2017...
-------------------