Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Idaho  (Read 1923 times)

4Bee

Hello from Idaho
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:34:06 am »
Hello, I have been reading this and many other forums and websites for about a year or so now. I have really enjoyed the information and ideas shared here, It has been invaluable. I have been enjoying this hobby very much. I still have a lot to learn and there are so many ideas that I would like to experiment with. I know already that I could easily become obsessed with this hobby.

Thanks.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:48:16 am »
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you stick around and add your experiences to the mix.

Without new beekeepers asking questions from time to time, it just a forum of old grouchy beekeepers who all think they know everything.  :-D

Not really....Maybe that was wrong to say.

Let me start again..."Without a few new beekeepers.........."

;)

And we are all obsessed. With what, I have no clue.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:59:53 am by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Hello from Idaho
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:54:40 am »
Oh c'mon, Bjorn...you aren't that old... :-D

Welcome to the forums!  One thing I've found is to take everything with a grain of salt, and don't be too discouraged about your ideas that may be discussed.  There are 1000s of beekeepers online and that means that there are 100,000's of different ways of doing things.  But don't be afraid to ask.  Somebody has probably tried any ideas that you have and not had them work (or had them work).  As long as the there aren't catastrophic side-effects, go for it, experience is the best teacher, see what happens.

I've found that some of the simplest ways of doing things are the best, and sometimes we tend to make things not-so-simple.  I got really excited and obsessed when starting out at the possibilities, but I've settled into a pretty simple routine that works for me (and is less obsessive).

Rick
Rick