Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Computer Enhanced ESP  (Read 4020 times)

Offline BoBn

• House Bee
    • h
Computer Enhanced ESP
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:07:53 pm »
Sorta like a hearing aid for ESP:
"Brain-Computer Interfacing (BCI) can be used for capturing brain signals and translating them into commands that allow humans to control (just by thinking) devices such as computers, robots, rehabilitation technology and virtual reality environments.

This experiment goes a step further and was conducted by Dr Christopher James from the University’s Institute of Sound and Vibration Research. The aim was to expand the current limits of this technology and show that brain-to-brain (B2B) communication is possible."
http://www.soton.ac.uk/mediacentre/news/2009/oct/09_135.shtml

I don't have to worry.  My wife and I already communicate with ESP.  Although She tells me that I need a hearing aid.
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
Re: Computer Enhanced ESP
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 01:37:30 pm »
Wow, pretty scary or pretty amazing, depending on your point of view.  :shock:

I personally think that reading each others' minds could be dangerous. ;)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 02:00:00 pm »
My wife too communicates through ESP.  Unfortunately my receiver is broken.  She thinks things at me and then gets mad when I don't do them  :roll:.  Perhaps she needs a BCI.
Rick

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:11:19 am »
Wow, pretty scary or pretty amazing, depending on your point of view.  :shock:

I personally think that reading each others' minds could be dangerous. ;)

I used to do a little skit to demonstrate ESP.  I would tell the person I could guess their dress size, shoe size, favorite food, etc, and that causes a person to immediately think of that thing.  I would then tell the answer.  I once told every woman in a clothing store what their dress sizes were, even a few who wore different size blouses and skirts because of physical charateristics, getting each one correct.  The last women, when I guessed her's correctly, decided I was being way to personal and sexually harassing after the fact.  That made me stop using the clothes as a key, but I can still do it with other items.  Thinking back on it, it is a wonder I didn't get my face slapped.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything