Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: printer ink  (Read 3768 times)

Offline the kid

• House Bee
printer ink
« on: November 05, 2007, 02:04:37 am »
I have a new printer ...   and refill my own ink..
canon mp350   after I fill the ink the printer still says no ink ...
do any of you know how the get it the say full  ??????
the other printer I had no problem with it saying full after refills ..
 Does this hurt the printer to have it say no ink and keep printing ????/
the kid

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: printer ink
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:10:08 am »
If the printer will print all colors it should not be an issue. Run a test page first.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:59:26 am »
I'm not familiar with this particular printer,  but I know my epson printers have a chip in the cartridge that needs to be reset otherwise the software believes the cartridge is empty and won't print.  Perhaps you printer is the same.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:20:30 am »
Having sold printers and cartridges I have found people tend to stay away from the ones you add ink to.

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:49:55 pm »
iT PRINTS ,, ALL COLORS ,, BUT THOUGHT IT MAY  NOT BE SOMTHING THAT YOU WANT TO DO ...
I REFILL MY OWN CARTRIDGES CAUSE I DO A LOT OF PRINTING AND USE A LOT OF INK .. THE OTHER PRINTER WE HAD
IT WORKED OUT GOOD ,REFILLING THEM ..
A BLACK CARTAGE OR MORE , EVERY 3 TO FOUR WEEKS , AND THEN ADD ONE TO 3  COLORED CATRIDGES  OR MORE , EVERY 3 TO 4 WEEKS ....   I CANN'T AFFORD THE PRICE ,, OF NEW ALL THE TIME ..
WHAT I NEED I THE ONR THAT YOU FILL ON THE SIDE OF THE PRINTER
THE KID

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 02:05:26 pm »
i get my ink on ebay and its way cheaper. even the stale dated stuff works just fine.
i think if you pint a large amount laser printers are cheaper to run. (yes, more expensive to buy)

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:12:11 pm »
Kid    why ya yelling??  (all caps)   Ah, nevermind.  I have thought alot recently about at least re-rilling the black ink.  I am a photographer, and I must count on archivability of the prints I sell to families, so I take HP at their word and print with HP inks on HP paper.  They tell me 70 years +  I absolutely love doing weddings digital, doing my own post processing, and producing my own prints up to 8 x 10  at home.  They are beautiful, I have full control, and never ONE complaint.

I trade in cartriges at Office Max or Staples for $3.00 credit, and NEVER buy ink without at least a "Save $30.00 on a $100.00 Purchase"  coupon.  They come along for either Office Max or Staples on a regular basis.  Figuring all this in, I have not found ANY cheaper new ink cartriges anywhere.  Again, this said, I am thinking for my word processing printer  (never the photo printer)  that I  will try black ink refills.  JP
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:47:06 am »
the caps ,,,,  I never thought about it ,, as the grand kids had been using the computer and the cap lock was on ,,  and just never took it off ....
sorry didnt mean any thing by it ...   
I use all photo grade inks even for reg printing ,,, The photo ink was the same price .. and didnt think it would hurt to do reg printing with photo ink ...   I just didnt like running out and couldnt print til we got a cartage ... and it started getting spendy to .. now Im going to get a continuous ink flow system ...      as they are only  $60 with postage
and you dont have to pull out the cartage to refill
the kid

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 01:29:26 pm »
i refill also.  a couple of things i have learned.  1.  buy good quality refill ink.  2.  be careful about that copper strip on the cartridge.  if you damage it, you will not be able to use it. do not wipe it with anything rough, or clean with solvents.
  3.  after refilling, plug well and place cartridge on damp paper towel for a bit.  this will draw ink through and help recreate the vacuum.  4. do not over fill or under fill, and be careful of bubbles.

i have found that most cartridges are only good for about 3 refills.  they seem to wear out after that and you don't get good quality print.  i think it also depends on the printer.  my hp deskjet does not seem to like refills as much as my hp printer-scanner-copier.

if your printer is not reading the ink, try unplugging it from power and computer.  sometimes a reset will do the trick, but the ink level indicator is not very accurate anyway.  as understudy said, a test page is a good idea, also a clean and realign if you printer allows for it.  all help do the same as the paper towel and will let you know if you have any leaks
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything