Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spilled honey back of my SUV  (Read 1029 times)

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
Spilled honey back of my SUV
« on: June 03, 2022, 09:37:25 pm »
Case of buckwheat fell over and the back of my Suv is now covered with about 2 quarts of honey. Would a wet vac be a good solution (don't own one) or can someone suggest another way to clean this mess up ?

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
Re: Spilled honey back of my SUV
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:21:02 pm »
I have found a wet, squeezed out rag or small bath towel to be best. Wipe and pull up in one direction. Thoroughly rinse as you go.
Mild soapy water and a brush used to scrub the stained area, and dry towel clean.

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 01:41:58 am »
Park it near your hives and open the back, the bees will soon sort it out for you. :smile:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 02:35:31 am »
Park it near your hives and open the back, the bees will soon sort it out for you. :smile:

Agreed X 2
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 08:01:54 am »
As per what Nigel said but bee aware, you will have a lot of dead bees when you are done. Bee sure to remove them quickly. They can really stink. If you could put something they could land on, like two inch stones it would save a lot of bees from dying.
The bees will clean it up better than you can but only if you don?t have a strong flow on.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 09:53:12 am »
That is true if the honey is puddled up, and it may very well be in the back of a pickup truck. I dropped a quart once on the concrete and did not attempt to retrieve it. It spread out thinly and the bees cleaned it up without losing many bees, actually very few. All that was left behind was the broken glass.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything