ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

What is everyone doing outside today Spinoff from same title in GB. about bees

(1/8) > >>

Ben Framed:
BeeMaster2 
Reply #49 on: December 07, 2021, 04:12:57 pm

I have been planting/over seeding rye grass in a lot of my fields. I have also been plowing the field behind my house and today I harrowed it to start smoothing it out. The first picture is after it was plowed, the second picture is after the first run with the harrow and the third is after the second harrow run. I am going to get more fuel so that I can run the harrow one more time and then I will run my brillian  grass seeder with no seed in it first to really smooth it out and then do it again with rye seeds.

Jim Altmiller

Ben Framed:
30WFC
Reply #50 on: December 07, 2021, 05:35:41 pm

I like my coffee black with two sugars. It goes real nice with a piece of pie for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Framed:
Acebird
Reply #51 on: December 08, 2021, 08:49:04 am

Jim, how was the field plowed?  I don't see defined rows and I do see tuffs of grass which should be buried when the plow turns over the soil.

Ben Framed:
Beemaster2
Reply #52 on: December 08, 2021, 03:10:14 pm

--- Quote ---Acebird link=topic=54997.msg500579#msg500579 date=1638967744]
Jim, how was the field plowed?  I don't see defined rows and I do see tuffs of grass which should be buried when the plow turns over the soil.

--- End quote ---

This field, as are most of my fields, is filled with old stumps. I had to use my new ground plow/disc plow. On the first row I hit a sunken log and the castle nut that holds the first disk in place stripped out. I cleaned it all up and put it back together with 5/16?bolts replacing the cotter pin. I thought for sure that would hold but it didn?t. I took the disc to a machinist and he made a smaller castle nut and cut new threads.
That did the job.
It seemed like every ten feet I was cutting a stump. All of the stumps are now at least 10? below the surface which enabled me to harrow it properly.
Jim Altmiller

Ben Framed:
Ben Framed
Reply #54 on: December 08, 2021, 03:49:55 pm

Beautiful place Jim..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version