Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my insperation toget my Arm better.  (Read 5896 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
my insperation toget my Arm better.
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:56:55 pm »
thought You all would like to see my new inspiration to getting better.

that's a  6-20-50 scope on her. good to 600 yards.
and no the a2 front site does not even interfear with the sight pic. even at min.

can't wait to use her. may have try left handed. I'm itching to.

john

my son's got it for me for christmas.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: my insperation toget my Arm better.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:22:24 am »
pay close attention to your rehab, maybe you'll be able to work it with your dominant hand soon.  Meanwhile, learning to shoot from your non-dominant side, or practicing it if you already do, is a worthwhile endeavor.  5.56/.223 is an easy recoil either way.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:27:31 pm »
Wait a minute John. It is not Christmas yet. You were not supposed to open that present yet.  :cheesy:
Enjoy your new toy. Work hard at your rehab. Start practicing closing the other eye.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »
thanks. the boys took me to lunch sat. and they said they wanted to stop by to store to pickup some ammo. I'm left eye domonite. I use too shot mwith both hands years ago. have been trying off hand shooting a couple times in the yard. i'm ok but need to pratice drawing.

yea they said thats why they wanted me to get the 556-223 because the recoil is very low and by adding a pad it would be almost neil.

john

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 03:30:42 pm »
No offence to people who like black plastic... but I don't find them appealing.  This is my new toy:
http://www.bushfarms.com/images/B-78LeftSideSm.jpg
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 04:40:30 pm »
I know. I like the bueaty of wood stocks. but with the limited streagth i have we checked out many and  with the wieght of on;y 7 pounds with the sight and the reduced recoil. it was the best choice. I would like to get back into hnting and needed the power to take game respectfully with one shot. i will use five round mag for hunting. it came with the 30 round so ill just use  it for show and maybe the range.

john

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
No offence to people who like black plastic... but I don't find them appealing.  This is my new toy:
http://www.bushfarms.com/images/B-78LeftSideSm.jpg

That's nice wood in the stock.  Looks like a single shot with a varmint barrel.  Ruger?  Details?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »
No offence to people who like black plastic... but I don't find them appealing.

I used to be like that too, but then I got my hands on a couple of nice composites and I really like them.  I especially like it in my .30-06. The balance is good and the weight is really nice.   Gettin' old   :wink:

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »
I don't know if the composite stock is stronger or not but I droped my remington 742 out of my tree stand this year and it fell over 20 feet and the only thing that happened was the plastic dust cover over the ejection port broke.  I fell off the bottom few steps of a stand a few years ago and my sears modle 30-30 didn't do quite as well as I broke the plastic butt plate and now the stock on it is cracked pretty good.  I am having a heck of a time finding a new butt plate.

As a kid we had an old nylon 66 22 cal and I broke the stock on it but even cracked and lose used that gun for ever.  It was dads and I practiced being hard on his stuff before I got my own to be hard on.

In the end when it come to wether wood is impervious to abuse, I have more trouble with rust and blueing and rust in the chamber it you leave it loaded too long, expecially on the remington simi autos. 

I like the guns that work and that I can afford best.
Cheers
gww

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 10:29:08 pm »
Don't we all!
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 10:35:42 pm »
I took a bunch of old rifles to a gun show last month to to sell and saw that the guns like I had were going for $600 - $700 each, where I expected maybe $150 each.  I brought them home to clean up and take them back next month. i know the dealers will need to make a profit, but if I make those old '98 Mausers and such look better than they did, ......... Well, you know.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 09:40:51 am »
I took a bunch of old rifles to a gun show last month to to sell and saw that the guns like I had were going for $600 - $700 each, where I expected maybe $150 each.  I brought them home to clean up and take them back next month. i know the dealers will need to make a profit, but if I make those old '98 Mausers and such look better than they did, ......... Well, you know.

i'll give 150 each if thats what you want?   :tongue:

john

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »
>That's nice wood in the stock.

It is.  Very nicely figured walnut with a beautiful shiny finish.

> Looks like a single shot with a varmint barrel.  Ruger?  Details?

It's a B-78 Browning High Wall in .25-06.  The barrel is fairly light actually.  I had to have the trigger reworked as someone had messed it up to where it was too unpredictable, and I shortened the length of pull and put a better recoil pad on it, but it shoots great now.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:13 pm »
When I was a teen I used to go shooting with a neighbor. He had a 25-06 with a setable trigger. It had a regular pull or you could push it forward and it was a true hair trigger. We used it to shoot groundhogs on the opposite side of the mountain.  They were up to 300 yards away. It was a great gun and it was a lot of fun. Some day I want go get one.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 10:52:35 pm »
>That's nice wood in the stock.

It is.  Very nicely figured walnut with a beautiful shiny finish.

> Looks like a single shot with a varmint barrel.  Ruger?  Details?

It's a B-78 Browning High Wall in .25-06.  The barrel is fairly light actually.  I had to have the trigger reworked as someone had messed it up to where it was too unpredictable, and I shortened the length of pull and put a better recoil pad on it, but it shoots great now.

Beautiful rifle.  Enjoy it.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 09:54:44 am »
>When I was a teen I used to go shooting with a neighbor. He had a 25-06 with a setable trigger. It had a regular pull or you could push it forward and it was a true hair trigger.

I LOVE a set trigger.  They are hard to come by.  I only own one rifle with a set trigger and I had to install and tweak it.  It's a double set trigger, but I do love it.  I wish I had bought more when I could as they don't make them anymore for the rifles I own.  About the only ones available out there are for an M98.  That or you have to buy a very expensive repro of a Sharps or a High Wall etc.  If I could find one, I would put one on my High Wall.
-------------------

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:15 am »
I love an AR15. I got them because of years in the military with the ol M16. I got my wife, my son, and myself one. She really liked hers, then I put a sliding stock on it and now she really loves it. Can't hit much but it sure sounds good..,
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 10:54:51 am »
lucky for yo ammo has gone down  :tongue:. just watch the barrels tho. there not made like they use to.

john