Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How many forums  (Read 21966 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
How many forums
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:02:03 am »
I was going to 6 forums on a regular basis, then decided to try my hand at one. I started one at www.worldwidebeekeeping.com last week. I was hesitant to post it here, but after talking to beemaster and him joining it, I felt it would not be unethical to post it here. I would like to invite each and all to add it to the list of sites you go to.
Thank You
Iddee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline RC

• House Bee
Re: How many forums
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »
I'll bite. I'm always looking for another good source of info.
Good luck with it,Iddee. I hope BlueBee joins, also. I really enjoy the discussions you and he have.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:23:29 pm »
Maybe we can get along over there. There's no coffee house there, which means no politics. Thanks for checking it out.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:49:02 pm »
No politics?   What y'all going to talk about?    :-D

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:07:29 pm »
currently were busy harassing one another.. I havent laughed like this for years!  Its like moving out of the BIG city and getting back to rural life.. the big city has lots of advantages, but its not nearly as friendly.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:09:14 am »
I’m too busy to deal with too many bee keepers in one day :), but I do check out other sites from time to time.  Congrats on the new site iddee. X:X

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:36:55 pm »
Maybe we can get along over there. There's no coffee house there, which means no politics. Thanks for checking it out.

iddee.....

IMHO
Kind of ironic that you post staff on beemaster you cannot post on your own form or on form you are in charge or have been in charge of.  :roll:

This is what the intent of the coffeehouses supposed to be

THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))
 This is a FRIENDLY community where you can talk about any topic OTHER than Beekeeping. Please respect the feelings and cultures of others.  

This is just my observation. :roll:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »
I try to obey the rules. The rules are different in different places. Too bad you don't do the same. At least I don't go from place to place just trying to stir up trouble.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 12:32:43 am »

iddee.....

IMHO
Kind of ironic that you post staff on beemaster you cannot post on your own form or on form you are in charge or have been in charge of.  :roll:

This is what the intent of the coffeehouses supposed to be

THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))
 This is a FRIENDLY community where you can talk about any topic OTHER than Beekeeping. Please respect the feelings and cultures of others.  

This is just my observation. :roll:

Point made!!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 06:03:59 am »
I try to obey the rules. The rules are different in different places. Too bad you don't do the same. At least I don't go from place to place just trying to stir up trouble.

I do realize your perception is your reality as well as mine perception is my reality.

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:37:01 am »
Not at all Jim..  There are people who do eventually grow up and decide that they dont want to deal with the conflict and drama, and so they seek out places where that sort of thing is limited to hang out and make friends..   Basically.. ENJOY themselves and BEE HAPPY..   While there are a lot of forums I visit because they are a valuable source of information.. there are only a limited few that I actually enjoy spending a lot of time on..
   I dont mind an argument over methods of beekeeping, I have learned a lot because of such arguments. There isnt much I have left to learn from folks who seek drama and confrontation..  the primary difference in the two scenarios is walking away from it still liking and respecting the person who was arguing with me.  CARING if that other person still respects ME for what I had to say..    Do you care?

There IS only one reality. the difference is how you perceive that reality..
  Some people go out of their way to say things JUST to tick other people off.
  Some folks WANT to make friends and keep them, so they say what they have to say in an intelligent and respectful manner.

Lets look at this posting just as an example..

Some folks decided to go see how its going over there...

Some people post and congratulate Iddee on his new Forum....

ONE person decides to be confrontational, complete with rolling eyes smileys...   

Doesnt real life offer enough confrontation and Drama? LIFE will end all to abruptly. We have so few years, that we will never be able to meet all the people who would BE our friends..   SO we need to make them where we can, and try to keep them, rather than driving them away...
   I wont revisit this post, because I dont care for the drama.. SO feel free to post as you wish, and maybe try to BEE HAPPY instead?
   Scott

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 12:27:02 pm »
OldMech
I am grateful for your input. I do see by your post your perception of rolling eyes smileys is completely different than mine.
I know for me one of the worst ways for me to communicate is through writing.
To me it looks like you do not have a hard time communicating through writing.
I know I can be wrong in assuming this.

Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 12:19:15 am »
I was hesitant to post it here, but after talking to beemaster and him joining it, I felt it would not be unethical to post it here.

Whats the problem?

Seems to me that he got a big OK and thumbs up  :th_thumbsupup:

I also visit 6 or 7 sites . Small local, national, hobby beekeeping, semi sideliner, and one Great international one with mostly North American beekeepers  :beemaster:

Good luck and I hope every one finds there audience  :angel:

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 07:20:53 am »
No mudslinging guys, if somethings deemed inappropriate by the mod staff we will deal with it.
 I'm sure rules are different everywhere you go. We do not apply other forums rules here as ours are not applied at  other places. Our Coffee House section has a little more leniency than the rest of the forum. It always has. When the limits get stretched too far, PM's are sent unless it is extreme. In that case, members generally are no longer heard from. You may have noticed a couple long time posters no longer present in the forum due to belligerent behavior in the general beekeeping area of the forum.
 Every forum has it's own flare in life. We all strive to create our own niche in the small universe of beekeeping forums. There is most likely a place for everyone, and members of other forums are welcome here as well, s long as they don't come seeking to continue a fight with a member that started on another forum.
It's the holiday season, treat your fellow man as you would want to be treated.

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 11:35:03 am »
Hi Wally, just found the site, good luck.  JPP

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 01:23:23 pm »
Thanks. Now let's see some posts, neighbor.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »
Thank you to all who have visited WWB. It's growing rapidly. Hope to see more of you as time goes by.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »
Today, worldwidebeekeeping.com is one year old. We have over 300 members and over 40,000 posts. Many members are on both BM and WWB. Here's an invite to you to be active on both. It is quite interesting at times.

Y'ALL COME NOW, YA HEAR?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »
    The beauty of the Forum Iddee, all this time i have been spelling y'all wrong. Now that I can spell it can i apply for US citizenship and join worldwidebeekeeping ??
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 07:44:04 pm »
In der South, Geoff, you kin spel things meeny ways. Just your generosity, good looks, and grand personality would make you a great candidate for citizenship.

In fact, I'll trade AU a president for you.

HOW'S THAT FOR A DEAL?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 08:55:33 pm »
In der South, Geoff, you kin spel things meeny ways. Just your generosity, good looks, and grand personality would make you a great candidate for citizenship.

In fact, I'll trade AU a president for you.

HOW'S THAT FOR A DEAL?

Heck I'll dangle a dollar in front of him facing southeast in your direction
 :evil:
D
John

Oops the hillbilly in got it wrong I ment southwest to Aussie land. :-D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:45:42 pm by divemaster1963 »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 07:54:24 am »
I gots me an ol book called hooked on fonics if yous guy are intrested!! :-D
Howevuh, I may hast to dust it off just a wee bit.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 07:57:22 am »
Well, heck, beat me with a wet noodle. I just had to bump this thing forward.   :embarassed:

*Shel Silverstein*