Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A mirror of me  (Read 23845 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
A mirror of me
« on: June 17, 2009, 01:50:24 pm »
Sometimes life is so strange, it leaves me with my mouth hangin' open.

My oldest Daughter sent me an e-mail, telling me about my youngest Grandson and how well he is doing in his gymkanas with his pony that she had bought him.  Gymnkanas are events where people that ride horses compete in, like horse games, very fun to watch.  This young man of nigh to 10 years old in October, told me the other day when he phoned, that he was going to be a cowboy.  My heart swelled.  My children have always been involved with horses since they were young, about 10 years of age themselves.  My oldest gal also attached a picture for me to look at.

I opened the picture and almost fell off my seat.  What I saw was a picture of my darling young man, his Mother walking beside him, smiling.  Just for a fleeting moment in time, I thought it was me, how I looked many years ago, when I was that 33 year old woman, with that long, flowing hair.  Of course, I immediately recovered from my shock and realized it was my youngest Daughter.  But oh my smokin' cadoodalhoppers, I never, ever -- in my wildest dreams, realized that she looked so much like her Mother, it was truly a shock.  I wanted to show you my Grandson, his Mother and his little pony, Butterscotch.  BTW, in the gymnkana he got several firsts, a few fourths, and high points for the junior category.  My lil' cowboy....he maka me proud.  He is working towards getting that buckle that will be given out for the children that compete in these events that win it.  I know he will work hard, he makes me smile that beautiful smile.  Beautiful days, to love and live, to love and hold in the palm of your hand, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: a mirror of me
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:44 pm »
Isn't it amazying when our kids end up looking so much like us.
Everywhere I go with my girls people always say how much we all look alike.
I think my girls get tired of hearing it so much because it happens whenever we are together,it just happened at my son's baseball game last night and
then an hour ago I was volunteering at the school and a woman I went to school with myself saw me with my youngest daughter and kept saying well isn't she just the spit of you over and over.
Its funny that I don't see it as much as other people do until I see a photo of them like you did.
Its great that your grandson is doing so well and that his mother is so supportive of his activities.
You have every right to be proud of both of them.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:47 pm »
Well she is a beautiful woman and it means you are also a beautiful woman. Wonderful story.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 09:00:51 pm »
Annette, thank you for those kind words.  My heart is yearning to see my children and my Grandsons.  I haven't seen them since the end of March, that is almost 3-1/2 months.  Such a far cry from how often I saw them before they moved at Christmas time.  I saw them before any moment I wanted, and they were my babies to get ready for school, as their Mother and Father worked.  For six years I got them ready for school, giving them that great big Grandma love, and sending them out my door.  I was a blessed woman for having them living only 20 feet from my home for those beautiful six years.  Oh dear....ramblin' and dreamin' of that day when we will be so nearby them again.....beauty.  Love our life, live it with that gusto that love can give us, and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:03:10 pm »
what scares the you know what out of me, is when i wake up in the morning and see my mother in the mirror!!

your grandson is darling and that pony looks very much like my youngest sons first horse.  

you have a great family!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
I hope and pray for you to move quickly.  I will send out a special prayer to the real estate gods!!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:14 pm »
what scares the you know what out of me, is when i wake up in the morning and see my mother in the mirror!!

your grandson is darling and that pony looks very much like my youngest sons first horse.  

you have a great family!!

You know Kathy, when I was a little girl I thought my mother was the most beauiful woman in the world. I used to hope and pray that I will look like her when I grow up.  Guess what?? I look just like her and I also freak out when I see her in the mirror.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 11:47:13 pm »
I'll be honest with you here, I've never had that happen to me.  Shucks, I don't even know what your mother looked like! :-D

I don't ever see my mother in the mirror either.  Thankfully.  My dad on the other hand... ;)
Rick

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:59 am »
Cindi you have a beautiful daughter and handsum grandson so I guess that makes you beautiful too ;)
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:09 am »
Kathy, you never cease to bring that smile to my face, you do say the funniest things sometimes, smiling.  And Annette, you and your prayers, things of beauty -- I know you have said many prayers for me, and that gives me beautiful pictures of you, in my mind's eye.  Thank you all for being my friend, all of you, with your kindest of words, smiling.  Have that beautiful day, to love and live, to be yours....health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 11:45:23 am »
Look at that little smile of ecstatic pleasure on his face. Not a care in the world, everything is just swell and he's doing something he just absolutely enjoys!

And just think, his Grandmother is miles away with that same smile on her face, moving rocks! :-D

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline NasalSponge

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 04:14:46 pm »
Yea...we haven't seen a picture of the rock pile in quite some time!! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 02:16:33 pm »
JP, Nasalsponge, oh that rock pile, hasn't changed much.  I have pretty much finished with the land clearing that I will ever do here, no more rocks.  Only the rock pitch that I have to do with sometimes children take it into their mind to climb on it, and the rocks fall down, that has happened now and then.  If only they knew what was really beneath that pile,  :evil:!!!  Ooops, just kidding....that could bring some thoughts of terror to some that don't know the pure and innocent story beneath the rock pile.  It really is ONLY rocks, nothing below.  Maybe I'll grab a picture and show again.  By the way, I caught a swarm about 10 days ago, I should check for the queen pattern of laying, when I get a moment in time (or rather a log moment, I can ramble ya know), I'll tell that tale, it was rather interesting to me, smiling.  Beautiful days, to love and live, to live and love, ride, health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »
Great to hear you got you another swarm Cindi! You didn't catch this one with your face this time? :lau: :devilbanana: :lau: :pop:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30:14 am »
Great to hear you got you another swarm Cindi! You didn't catch this one with your face this time? :lau: :devilbanana: :lau: :pop:
...JP

JP, you're still good for many laughs, smiling.  Nope, narry a sting to this ol' body, smiling.  Now Ken, that is another matter, he got two and he wasn't even near the swarm, smiling.  Have that beautiful day, to love and live, health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 11:54:45 am »
No stings to the face is always a good thing Cindi! Too bad about Ken's scalp. He'll get over it, rub it till its nice and shiny.

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:55 pm »
Too bad about Ken's scalp. He'll get over it, rub it till its nice and shiny.
...JP

Hmm, JP, you psychic or something  :-\ :).  I don't recall mentioning that Ken got stung on the top of his head, ouch.  That was where he got one sting, he thought it a young bee because it didn't hurt too much, nor got very itchy, nauda.  The other one was on the side of his face, didn't hurt much, nor swelled either.  Kind of weird.  Well, I think you're kind of weird that you spoke of his scalp.  Ever felt someone's head that has been shaved?  Probably not.  Well, I can't even stand to touch the top of his head because he has very, very strong hair (sounds weird, but even when he shaves, it is not smooth), his head feels like a cat's tongue, like velcro, eeks!!!  Not somthing that I want to push my hand over, it would never get shiney, he's got too much "after 5:00" shadow on his head, smiling.  Have that beautiful day, lovin' and livin' life, health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 02:30:02 pm »
Cindi, the first thing us guys do when we see a friend's bald head is move our hand right over it, its the only time when its perfectly ok for a guy to cop a feel of another guy! :jawdrop: :lau:

I remember Ken got a boo boo on his head another time and you rubbed it up real good with Boudreaux's butt paste.

...JP ;)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 09:41:42 pm »
 :cheer: :lau: :lau:
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 10:47:13 am »
I remember Ken got a boo boo on his head another time and you rubbed it up real good with Boudreaux's butt paste.
...JP ;)

JP, the king of the funnies, you got that gut rollin' laugh out of me this morning, thanks for that, smiling.  Beautiful days, to love and live, share with great health.  Cindi

anything