ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

The state of Oregon. Shutting down small farmers..

(1/5) > >>

Jim134:
 Oregon shutting down small Farmers. Of all kinds. Sounds like a bunch of Nazi's to me.  :angry:

https://youtu.be/unOXcKigSuY?si=11vKe3WahF8liCcI

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:

Occam:
Misguided approaches are always thus. Reminds me of the quote from Bill Mollison

"The greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter."

Government agencies (read unelected officials) enacting regulations with very broad definitions are a means of controlling the populace making it difficult to live within the law. They may not come down on you right away but will when it suits them or when you speak out and are a nuisance.

Terri Yaki:
I'm a bit lost for words. When will it end?

Kathyp:
I don't have time to watch the video but I know the story.  They want to make people who irrigate to grow food for sale, even at farmers markets, get water rights permits.  Getting a permit can take over a year.    The rule has kind of been on the books for a long time, but not applied to small places and backyard farms.  There's also some rate of use stuff in there and I don't remember the specifics.

A few years ago, they wanted to charge everyone on a well.  Not sure how they were going to do that. 

The idea is to mitigate the impact of groundwater depletion, which is a real thing.  The problem is that we have a far left state government and they don't use common sense when they apply laws like this.  Or maybe they are thinking it through and just get squirrely about people being able to feed themselves?
Anyway, water flowing and in the ground belongs to the people in Oregon.  It is regulated for the good of the people by the government that loves you!

Here is the Oregon water rights pdf if anyone wants to dig through it.
https://www.oregon.gov/owrd/WRDPublications1/aquabook.pdf

Jim134:
  If you have listened to the youtube video.. You would have heard a couple of things.. That maybe you did not know.. Their state is flying drones all but people's houses and property.. Also have your neighbors turn people in... I'm lonely riding around country roads.. If you have more than one half acre for garden.. You are an attempt of this ordinance. If you have a crushed floor made of stone. Or any kind of solid for.. You are contempt of this ordinance.. You might get away with one goat or one cow.. And a handful of chickens... Or ducks.. I think you would be lucky to you could have one horse.. Also it covers pigs and goats.. That's my take on this video.
Yes you can get around these laws if you are willing to spend a hundred thousand dollars.. Supposedly to catch the rainwater that runs off.That is polluted.

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version