ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Lambs have arrived :)

(1/5) > >>

Occam:
Got home today, had dinner with the family, and was about to settle into a relaxing evening. Fed the dogs and went to put the sheep in the barn as I do every night and there were only two waiting at the gate instead of the three ewes we have. Hmmmm...

Put the two that were waiting up and took a walk to find the third. Back in a sheltered area of the paddock I found Winter with her two youngsters with tails happily wagging and heads tucked under to get something for their bellies. Gave them a private suite in the barn for tonight

The15thMember:
YES!  They are so beautiful!

Terri Yaki:
Nice! When I had sheep, they lambed around Christmas time, what's this all about?

Occam:

--- Quote from: Terri Yaki on March 13, 2024, 11:01:42 pm ---Nice! When I had sheep, they lambed around Christmas time, what's this all about?

--- End quote ---

I just started with sheep a year and a half ago. Bought this ewe, another, and a ram then. The ewes weren't bred when we bought them that November but they were open and were vred within a few days. They each had a lamb Easter weekend last year. I noticed mating behavior in early/mid October last year which stopped by November. I was expecting them starting next week, but not knowing the mating date very precisely I figured anytime from this weekend to end of the month.

The15thMember:
My sister, who loves all things ruminants, would like to know what breed they are, and, if they are wool sheep, do you shear yourself?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version