Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bob Binnie Queen Method Started Today  (Read 4509 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Bob Binnie Queen Method Started Today
« on: March 30, 2021, 04:49:15 pm »
Today is the day that I am attempting a different way of raising queens. I have tried other methods including Nicot. This season I decided on Mr Binnies method for fun. And it does look to be fun! Today is day one as his schedule is laid out. The queen is in her designated egg laying section.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:36:58 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
Re: Bob Binnie Queen Method Started Today
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 04:57:24 pm »
Good luck. Can?t wait to see the results.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 05:11:16 pm »
Good luck. Can?t wait to see the results.

Thanks Nock. I am a little concerned about the unexpected drop in temperature. Hopefully it will work out. If not I will regroup and do it again lol
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 05:25:27 pm »
Just for interest sake, before Mr Binnie made this video I was learning from a fellow in Turkey. Via Video. He is very good at his method which I found very unique. I had not seen or read anything like his method anywhere except his very on  teaching. His method is to isolate the queen on a particular frame. Different from Mr Binnie is he cuts strips out of the comb which holds the proper aged larva. He does not graft. His method is sort of kin to Nicot method. In fact he places the natural cells into the Nicot holder on the starter frame. He also uses the Nicot roller cages later when the time is right and cells are of proper age. Without going into detail, there are other steps in-between. He has always been eager to answer questions and help.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 08:41:57 pm »
Good luck

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 11:45:43 pm »
Thanks!

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 11:47:14 pm »
Nock here is the information that we talked about in a PM. Be sure and read the comments below the video.

https://youtu.be/B9BO_bDMP80

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 11:53:08 pm »
Notice he is using the Nicot parts intergraded into his program.  I have attempted to give these same type parts to a couple people here free. I am no longer interested in this method nor the Nicot method. I have moved on to Bob Binnies  method. 😬

Offline rothbart

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 12:42:17 pm »
Notice he is using the Nicot parts intergraded into his program.  I have attempted to give these same type parts to a couple people here free. I am no longer interested in this method nor the Nicot method. I have moved on to Bob Binnies  method. 😬

Hey man.. You have JZ BZ cups over there and we do not. So nicot cups are good alternative. You can graft or not, your choice. Also we do not have JZ BZ cages, and again nicot saves the day. Thanks God France is near enough. Vive La France!  :smile:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »

Hey man.. You have JZ BZ cups over there and we do not. So nicot cups are good alternative. You can graft or not, your choice. Also we do not have JZ BZ cages, and again nicot saves the day. Thanks God France is near enough. Vive La France!  :smile:

Hey man. I hope I did not step on your toes because I have decided to leave Nicot and try something new? We can learn a lot from our beekeeping friends from all over the world, from those who care to share their methods and ideas. Namely, looking at this keeper from Turkey. Did you watch the video, seeing his unique method of queen rearing? If not, he does not graft but does use the Nicot part number 2 (base for the cup itself which also serves as a base for the roller cages) and places natural cups straight from the comb which has the proper age larva into this part on the bar.  If you think I am promoting either Nicot or JZBZ products you are wrong. I am however sharing different methods I have learned from NICE beekkeepers from abroad as well as here in the Good Ole USA. lol 
:wink:

.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:48:36 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline rothbart

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 02:52:48 pm »

Hey man. I hope I did not step on your toes because I have decided to leave Nicot and try something new?

I just cry we do not have JZ BZ here, also joking. I did see somewhere that method.
Not on nicot btw but similar enough.. Let me try to find it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2lcTJI9O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_fqpYmpU9g

He does not show it, but he say it, he cut cells like in your video.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 03:33:19 pm »
I have not seen these videos. I look forward to watching these. Is this something that you wii consider trying? Thank you for sharing the post.

Offline rothbart

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 03:49:31 pm »
I have not seen these videos. I look forward to watching these. Is this something that you wii consider trying? Thank you for sharing the post.

I think I will graft or just use nicot system, I have two sets and also many
more extra cups. So many options.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 01:50:10 am »

I think I will graft or just use nicot system, I have two sets and also many
more extra cups. So many options.

👍🏻

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 09:40:33 pm »
Rothbart, I watched both videos, but I do not know the language.  Could you describe the liquid the wood holders are soaked in?   Did he say water and bee glue, in Croatia?

How does the fella control the temp of the queen cells in styrofoam, placed in a box?

Thank you.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline rothbart

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 03:41:07 am »
Rothbart, I watched both videos, but I do not know the language.  Could you describe the liquid the wood holders are soaked in?   Did he say water and bee glue, in Croatia?

How does the fella control the temp of the queen cells in styrofoam, placed in a box?

Thank you.

Liquid is just propolis (bee glue) made in usual way (alcohol soaking).
The cell holder is only for short trip to the yard.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 02:51:41 pm »

Thank you.

Liquid is just propolis (bee glue) made in usual way (alcohol soaking).
The cell holder is only for short trip to the yard.

Now I understand, thank you Sir.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.