Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Project for next year.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
Project for next year.
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:37:10 am »
Each year at this time, we have an auction at work to raise money for St Jude's Research Hospital.  For next year, I plan to donate a basket of various honeys from around the country as one of the items.  It might be cheaper if I just donated the money myself... but I'm hoping that with the assortment of honeys, it will bring in a premium.  Any other ideas of what I might add to the basket to increase its appeal, and hopefully raise a little more money?  I've got an entire year to get it ready, so give it some thoughts everyone.  Just one thing to remember, I've got to figure out a way to pay for all the stuff, so no new cars for the winning bidder, okay?   LOL

Offline BrentX

• House Bee
A Trade?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »
I do something similar for the annual United Way auction.  It would be great to put together a basket of different honeys.  Would you be interested in trading jars of honey?  A jar of mine for a jar of yours?

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
Re: Project for next year.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:46:14 am »
How about some beeswax candles or salves.  Lip balm? Soap?  All things good from the hive.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"