Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How's iOS 10 working for you?  (Read 4679 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
How's iOS 10 working for you?
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »
I updated to iOS 10 the day it became available and without a doubt the auto turn on when you life the phone is my favorite feature. Second the new WONDERFUL text and notification bubble with bold headers So slick looking. And to just have to life your phone and the notifications screen is right there. No rushing for the phone to catch messages, or miss notifications when you scanned your thumb.

LEAST FAVORITE is the click vibration defaulted on that is supposed to replication the feel of the iPhone 7's lack of a push button, its now just a pressure sensitive button BUT it works on any icon you click on that might be two or three layers deep. It ends up with an annoying click - I silenced that thud ASAP.

So, did you upgrade to 10 and if you did, what do you think?
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: How's iOS 10 working for you?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 12:08:09 am »
Hello John,
I have not upgraded my phone but my son Wesley did. He had some frustration with shutting down ape with the double clicks. He found out he had to click faster. He could not so he found that he was able to c change it. Now he really likes
It.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 12:09:44 am »
John,
How are the funds for this site?
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 01:22:03 am »
Jim:

I saw that there were THREE double click speed settings - luckily my double tap was good with without changing it.

I rarely talk about the forums bank account - but I'll keep it simple: a lot of members have migrated to Facebook. Member wise, both beemaster.com and Beemaster's International Facebook group have nearly 9000 each, and I understand the simplicity of posting photos and videos on Facebook. The downside, the forum donations have be sparse in 2016. I have thought of a good fund-raiser idea where any Past, Present and Future contributors will get the title CONTRIBUTING MEMBER under their avatars. I know it isn't much, but it is a thank you for all the help we've had over the years. Truth be told, the majority of donations have always come from 6 or 7 members, although we see new contributors who are kind to support the forum.

I tried keeping the above short - we all know me and short don't get together too well - lol. But I'd like to make a point to those who have given soooo many times. It surely would have been harder without your support - and I ask those supporters to take a break from donating, you have given so much already. I said from day one, I'd keep the forum going, even fully out of pocket - because it means so much.  A group that has: 418980 Posts in 46577 Topics by 8852 Members - how amazing is that?! The archive content alone is a wonderful source to anyone who belongs or just stopping by the forum.

So anyone who enjoys the forum and would like to help out, the upper right corner is the link to help out. But already contributing members, I hope you take a break to see if others share the load :)

Thanks Jim, glad your son likes the iOS update. I'm still going through the tips and YouTube videos on all the features.

John
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 07:17:19 am »
John,
"I have thought of a good fund-raiser idea where any Past, Present and Future contributors will get the title CONTRIBUTING MEMBER under their avatars."
That sounds like an excellent idea.
Jim
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:53:49 am by sawdstmakr »
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 08:07:46 am »
John,
I have and continue to learn a lot about beekeeping from your site. I have taken bee college courses where I paid a lot more for 2 day classes than I have here and I do not think I learned more in all of those courses than I have here. I also get to pass the information on to others on your site which I also enjoy doing. 
I asked because I want to make sure we keep this site going with out it all being left for you to keep it going on a limited income.

I am asking those of us that use this site to chip in what you can to keep this site funded. I will.
Jim
Ben Franklin