Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Remotely controlled bee hive closing up system  (Read 2193 times)

Offline vasilbvbg

• New Bee
Remotely controlled bee hive closing up system
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:01:03 pm »
Hi there,

I'd like to share with all of you this innovation of mine. I hope it might be useful, please feel absolutelly free to use this in your personal projects! Any comments are welcome.

I'm currently working on a project that is going to pop-up shortly. If you don't mind I'll inform you for this project as well when it's ready. Thank you!

Best Regards
Vasil Vasilev
Sofia, Bulgaria
vasilbvbg(at)gmail.com

--- outline ---
The innovation is related to automatics, telematics and implements in the beekeeping area. The goal is the system to assure bee hive colony closing up simultaneous in multiple bee hives during periods of poison hazard without manual activities to be necessary. Using a rectangular frame fixed immediately to the front panel of the hive and a mobile door moved by electrical motor the system provides bee hive colony close up into the hive. A local controller drives the process on hive level. A central controller provides central communication between the multiple hive local controllers and the operator. The telematics system provides control on group level on unlimited count of hives, thus rising significantly work beekeeper work efficiency when the number of the hives is high. The system protects the bee colonies through isolation always when it is necessary. This way the system helps in bee extinction preventing.

--- full text ---
Please access this google docs link (a pdf document):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lO41IrmgQMpsAG-CdrmdElpJU9qGtR8w
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:48:40 am by vasilbvbg »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Remotely controlled bee hive closing up system
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:11:30 pm »
Power requirements, logistics and cost... reliability?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline vasilbvbg

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:58:30 am »
Good questions indeed! So that system is under construction now, usually there is long way from blueprint to the reality. I'm working with my team and we have done a lot especially about the electronics and communication devices. We have choosen low consumption chips. The power supply will be provided also by inexpensive elements, I know this is a very sensitive pont for all the beekeepers. So nobody will force you to change the batteries every month :)
I'll inform you as soon as we have something for you.

Offline vasilbvbg

• New Bee
New Project Announcement
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:55:45 am »
Hi there,
I?m really happy to inform you our project Hermes Smart have started now! You are welcome to check site www.hermessmart.eu for more info.
BR, Vasil

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 09:22:03 am »
This project as detailed looks like a non starter. If you have to add a large box in front of every hive, commercial beeks will not use it. It would not fit on their pallets with this extension. If you have to replace batteries every month, it would not be worth it. Maybe a hobbyist might buy it.

Please read the bylaws on advertising on this site before you make your next post.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline vasilbvbg

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:46:59 am »
Hi Jim,

You might be right as well. The batteries issue is going to be fixed. But I'm not going to bother you more, sorry if I have break your site rules.
Please feel free to delete this thread without further notification if necessary, I'm OK with this.

BR
Vasil

anything