Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Doc, Im afraid she can't hear very well.  (Read 533 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Doc, Im afraid she can't hear very well.
« on: November 15, 2022, 12:30:00 pm »
While at a doctors visit, the patient finished the visit by adding.

Patient:
Doc, I am afraid my wife is slowly loosing her hearing. I have noticed lately she ignores me when I say something or ask her things. Its just not like her to ignore me. I am concerned...

Doc:
Heres what you can do. The next time she is in the kitchen ease behind her and from a distance ask her something. If she does not answer you, move in a few feet closer and ask her again. If she still don't answer, move in a few feet closer and ask again. Note the distance when she answers and bring her in, I will take it from there.

The patient went home with peace of mind, told of his good report, but mentioned 'nothing' of the hearing test which was (to come). Later that evening he gets his chance to administer the 'hearing test'.

The wife was hard at work in the kitchen, he walked to the entrance and politely ask, 'honey what is for supper"?  No answer was received.
Following the Docs instructions to he tee, he moved a few feet closer and again ask,,,,, still nothing.

He repeats the steps again and to his surprise the wife turns and says, "For the third time! We are having roast!!!"
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline paus

• Field Bee
Re: Doc, Im afraid she can't hear very well.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 02:37:50 pm »
Now I know someone is spying on my household.