Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time  (Read 888 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Daylight Savings Time
« on: November 07, 2022, 09:57:22 am »
I understand daylight savings time, but why does it have to be at 2 am?  I always have trouble staying up that late to change my clocks.

?Daylight saving time occurs because Chuck Norris hits snooze on his alarm clock.? -- Unknown

?I don?t mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I've saved all year.? -- Victor Borge

The proud owner of an impressive new clock was showing it off to a friend. ?This clock?, he said, ?will go for 14 days without winding?.
?Really? replied his friend, ?And how long will it go if you do wind it??

The past, the present and the future walked into a bar.
It was tense.

Daylight savings time is some really shady accounting!

What kind of watch is best for people who don?t like time on their hands?
A pocket watch.

What time does a duck wake up?
At the quack of dawn.

When does a clock strike thirteen?
When it's broken!

What does a clock do when it's hungry?
It goes back for/four seconds!

"I love the end of Fall when it gets dark by 4pm"--said no one ever

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."--Groucho Marx

Most modern clocks these days auto-update when daylight savings begins/ends. So this morning I'm walking around my house thinking wow... ...times have changed.

I?m not so sure about this daylight savings time thing

I give it six months

When told the reason for Daylight Savings Time, the Old Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

One of the best things about Daylight Saving Time is that the clock in my car will finally be correct again.

I asked Bob Dylan what he thought of Daylight Saving? he was glad the times they were a-changin?

A good pet should be able to set the Daylight Saving Time for you? that?s why I?m looking for a watch dog.

Maybe if daytime was more careful, it wouldn?t have to be saved all the time.

Congress finally had a meeting about daylight savings? it was about time.

My clock was really tense about falling back for Daylight Savings? I guess you could say he was all wound up.

Congress finally had a meeting about daylight savings? it was about time.

My watch told me that the kitchen clock set itself back an hour? but that?s second hand information.

Time travel is easy. Every fall I go back an hour and every spring I go ahead an hour.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Daylight Savings Time
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 10:08:53 am »

Snopes thought they needed to fact check this: (they did seem to figure out it was a joke, but they seemed to think others would not...)
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stonehenge-daylight-saving/
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 10:11:46 am »
-------------------

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 07:48:43 pm »
LOL  :wink:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything