BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Bear attacked my hives oh no, please no!!!

(1/25) > >>

Van, Arkansas, USA:

My hives were all strapped, the only thing that saved my hives.  The hives were to heavy for me to lift so I called friends for help.  These bees were mad, I have never seen such mad bees.  Even with heavy smoke and my jacket with veil I was chased into the woods.  My legs were stung up bad as I just wear jeans.  I removed stingers from my jeans for 1/2 hour.  The hives in the back of my apiary are TF hives which are kind of defensive, but my gosh, after the bear damage these bees wanted to kill someone.

One hive, the nuc in the pic,  is only forty feet from my back door.  My concern is the bear will be back, tonight.  Oh no, not a good day.

The nuc in the upper photo has the bottom board screwed to the hive body, in this case, a good thing.

Van, Arkansas, USA:

6 hives were knocked over, some drag down hill, some of the hives were strapped to the stand so the bear knocked the whole thing over, stand and hive.

iddee:
He will be back tonight. I would be waiting with a 12 Gage with either buck shot or rock salt, depending on local game laws.

Van, Arkansas, USA:

Another hive showing my screened bottom board, again, the straps saved my hives.  This particular hive was dragged six feet from the stand.

Van, Arkansas, USA:

--- Quote from: iddee on September 09, 2018, 04:47:46 pm ---He will be back tonight. I would be waiting with a 12 Gage with either buck shot or rock salt, depending on local game laws.

--- End quote ---

Wallace, my wife would agree with you, the lil lady is about ready to put this house on the market and she wants me to carry a side arm at night, A SIDE ARM!!!!! If the bear comes back I will probably have to provide professional therapy for my sweetie pie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version