Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not telling your spouse  (Read 8437 times)

Offline DMLinton

• House Bee
Re: Not telling your spouse
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »
I gotta ask...Are you married?  I don't look at it as control, she just wants me to spend that much time with her. I think it's more like jealousy.  :-D
Ray
Ray, whether I am married or not is irrelevant.  The OP raised a question around not telling their mate the whole truth about their pursuit of a perfectly legitimate, moral and productive hobby.  In any case where one or the other or both the parties to a marriage find that they cannot be truthful with their mate, a problem exists in there somewhere.

Regards, Dennis
First bees installed July 1, 2014.
The truth is what the truth is.  We can bend, twist or stretch it all we want but, at the end of the day, the truth is still what the truth is.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »
I gotta ask...Are you married?  I don't look at it as control, she just wants me to spend that much time with her. I think it's more like jealousy.  :-D
Ray
Ray, whether I am married or not is irrelevant.  The OP raised a question around not telling their mate the whole truth about their pursuit of a perfectly legitimate, moral and productive hobby.  In any case where one or the other or both the parties to a marriage find that they cannot be truthful with their mate, a problem exists in there somewhere.

I ment no harm. I took this as a light hearted spoof of a post. Just having fun.
Later,
Ray

Offline DMLinton

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »
I ment no harm. I took this as a light hearted spoof of a post. Just having fun.

No worries, Ray, no offence taken. 

When some one poses a question, as the OP has, I get a little serious.  Let's face it, the issue he raised apparently weighs heavily enough on a Sunday afternoon for him to throw it out there to an international forum of people that, for the most part, he really doesn't know very well.  Maybe is was just having a really boring day ... or maybe his bee pursuits are having some negative impact, for whatever reason, on his relationship with his wife and he is feeling that maybe he needs to do something to address it.   I have no idea which, and I make no judgement, but I can say that I would much rather risk ending up red faced for over-reacting than to find, too late, that I had blown someone off when they were making an effort to address a problem.

Regards, Dennis
First bees installed July 1, 2014.
The truth is what the truth is.  We can bend, twist or stretch it all we want but, at the end of the day, the truth is still what the truth is.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:57 am »

I took this as a light hearted spoof of a post. Just having fun.

:cheer:

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 01:10:46 am »
Thankfully my wife is heavily involved with getting me contacts for removals and swarms. Running her own candle business and needing MOAR Beeswax is certainly working to my advantage!!
   We always try to meet in the middle, and it has worked well for 26 Plus years. The day I have to lie to her in order to get away with doing something moral, legal and productive as DM said, is the day we would have a "real" argument.
   Michael.. If I told my wife I was seeing my Girl friend she'd just laugh..    Now if we want to talk about building engines and drag racing and the cost associated, as well as the lack of "productive" in that hobby I might be able to offer some advice in getting around the wife's arguments.. What is the resale value of 30 pairs of shoes?    :-D
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »
I always have fun Ray

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 09:30:15 am »
You guys will be starting that 12 step pogram before long! :-D :-D

Sign me up, cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Step 1 should be- you are only allowed to keep mean bees (got popped on the ear and under the arm last night shampooing the dog in the back yard)  :rant:

Don

When first reading that I missed the dog in the comments. I thought you were having to shampoo in the back yard! :-D :-D

he was shampooing in the back yard with the dog

anything