Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping Survey with Imperial College London  (Read 917 times)

Offline Adam Bourne

• New Bee
Beekeeping Survey with Imperial College London
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »
Hello all beekeepers,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post so I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Adam Bourne and I?m a Master?s student at Imperial College London. Currently, research at Imperial College London is investigating the health and management of European honeybees, and as part of my own Master?s project I am focusing on how different husbandry practices are actually applied by beekeepers in practical settings. After all, our research is only useful if it can be applied by real beekeepers. To find out more information, I have created a short survey to gain a better understanding of what techniques are being used by beekeepers in the industry, and what factors beekeepers see as the biggest threats to their hives.

As a global community of beekeepers, it would be really cool to understand the different techniques beekeepers use all over the world. The overall aim of this research is to get a better understanding of beekeeping practices and disease management, which should lead to better advice on bee health and disease protection.

At the bottom of this post is a link to the survey, which is completely anonymous, and please be assured that no personal information from any participants will be required. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about our research or the survey itself, so please feel free to email me (ajb119@imperial.ac.uk) at any time. For more information you can also click on the survey link, where you will see a document entitled ?Participant Information Sheet?, this will provide yourself and participants with further details about the aims of our study. You can use the link as many times as you like, but you can only finish the survey once, so make sure you're happy with your answers before you finish.

It would be great for my project to get as many responses as possible, so please fill out the survey if you have time - it'll only take a few minutes! But with enough responses it will really help the research at Imperial College which is working to improve the global health of honey bees.

I really appreciate all your help.

All the best,

Adam

https://imperial.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5znAYTwAMVO2o6x

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Beekeeping Survey with Imperial College London
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:53:51 pm »
Sure, I'll do it!  I love surveys.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:48:55 pm »
Completed

Offline CapnChkn

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 01:34:44 am »
Sure, I'll do it!  I love surveys.  :grin:

Ha Ha Haaa!
"Thinking is like sin, them that doesn't is scairt of it, and them that does gets to liking it so much they can't quit!"  -Josh Billings.