Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Industry Bashing  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
Honey Industry Bashing
« on: May 11, 2020, 11:17:19 am »
I found some videos on YouTube that are bashing the honey industry and I can tell right away that they are very uneducated. They're saying that we hold bees captive and steal their honey when in reality we are providing the bees a home and taking the excess honey and leave them enough honey for the winter.
3rd year of beekeeping and I still have lots to learn

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: Honey Industry Bashing
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 12:35:58 pm »
That's been going on for many years.  Its popularity ebbs and flows.  A lot of disinformation distributed by a small extremist faction of the vegan movement.  The same type of ranting occurs in any arena, religion, politics, science, lifestyles, etc. etc. 
Just do your best see that the information you're spreading is accurate and factual.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:48 pm »
They usually also assume that all queens are artificially inseminated and equate that to rape...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:53:37 pm »
I found some videos on YouTube that are bashing the honey industry and I can tell right away that they are very uneducated. They're saying that we hold bees captive and steal their honey when in reality we are providing the bees a home and taking the excess honey and leave them enough honey for the winter.

There are many tyrants, great and small, who would love to take your right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness away. Tyranny comes in many types, shapes, and forms as well as disguises.. It seems tyranny seems to be taught where freedom once was, in many avenues?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:57:57 pm »
May I add, it's good to see you posting Mr Bush.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 03:02:19 pm »
They usually also assume that all queens are artificially inseminated and equate that to rape...
That doesn?t surprise me at all.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 05:27:25 pm »
Xerox. I used to let it bother me. I am the kind of person that wants everyone to like me. But then I realized that my sound, logical reasoning was foolishness to them, and I stopped worrying about the fringe attackers. They are always there in every arena: politics, church, business, family. But, this is the first I have heard of it in the bee world.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 06:40:20 pm »
That's been going on for many years.  Its popularity ebbs and flows.  A lot of disinformation distributed by a small extremist faction of the vegan movement.  The same type of ranting occurs in any arena, religion, politics, science, lifestyles, etc. etc. 
Just do your best see that the information you're spreading is accurate and factual.

Where ya been Hops?  Hope all is well.  As always, I agree with your post, well stated.

I have seen the eratics state we steal the honey and feed the bees sugar, yada yada yada.  Let the fools roar.  Everyone, I mean every single person on this forum adores and cares for their bees.

Yes, Bush, glad you are posting and hope all is well.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 07:19:46 pm »
Xerox. I used to let it bother me. I am the kind of person that wants everyone to like me. But then I realized that my sound, logical reasoning was foolishness to them, and I stopped worrying about the fringe attackers. They are always there in every arena: politics, church, business, family. But, this is the first I have heard of it in the bee world.

I'm starting to stop worrying about them. They just don't want to listen
3rd year of beekeeping and I still have lots to learn

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 12:40:51 pm »

Where ya been Hops?  Hope all is well.  As always, I agree with your post, well stated.

I have seen the eratics state we steal the honey and feed the bees sugar, yada yada yada.  Let the fools roar.  Everyone, I mean every single person on this forum adores and cares for their bees.

Yes, Bush, glad you are posting and hope all is well.
Thanks Van, back at you.  I've been around,  just not a whole lot to say.  At least not much that's permissible on a public forum :\  and all is well.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 08:02:01 pm »

Anything that has to do with keeping animals or harvesting animal products for human gain is subject to attack by the extreme animal rights activists.  For the sake of argument, let's agree that bees are animals in this context.

They're often nutters with a huge emotional response and almost no capacity for logic or reason.  They don't care to be educated.  You're not going to help them see through or past it.  Ironically, they provide a great example of why I have more respect for the lower animal kingdom than I do much of the human species.
-Matthew Pence/Stitch