Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Effects of Concealed-Carry Laws on Violent Crime  (Read 7381 times)

salvo

Effects of Concealed-Carry Laws on Violent Crime
« on: April 12, 2023, 11:04:08 pm »
Hi Folks,

Well! The jury is in,... or out. Oh never mind.

Updated January 10, 2023

Some studies find that right-to-carry laws reduce violent crime, others find that the effects are negligible, and still others find that such laws increase violent crime. The committee concludes that it is not possible to reach any scientifically supported conclusion.

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/concealed-carry/violent-crime.html

Sal

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Effects of Concealed-Carry Laws on Violent Crime
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 12:26:03 am »
Florida governor Ron Desantes just signed a new law in that takes effect July first that makes it legal to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. Sounds like a second amendment right to me.
  If you look at the actual results, you will see that most of the studies show a decrease in crime, only a couple show an increase. They were probably trying to prove that it doesn?t help to allow citizens to carry. Probably paid for by anti gun groups.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 08:45:31 am »
Probably paid for by anti gun groups.
Jim Altmiller
And you are probably guessing.  In most recent events the perpetrator buys a gun legally and mows down innocent people.  Can I ask you if you see a problem?  Or should we just ignore it like most gun enthusiast.  Forget the studies use your head.  Stop making excuses.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 09:50:48 am »
Ace,
So because a few people out of 350 million people use guns illegally, you want to make it illegal for everyone to have guns. Or is it you want to require us to register our guns. The only reason to register guns it so that when a government goes rogue they can walk into every house that has guns and demand that we turn them over. You say that won?t happen,  that is exactly what happened when Germany marched into Poland and the other countries they overran. It has been done in this country also.
Before we had killing zones, gun free zones, we didn?t have very many of these nuts walking into schools and shooting them up. 40 years ago if you walked into a high school and started shooting here in baker county, half of the boys would have ran out to their trucks to get their guns and killed the guy. That is why it never happened. They wouldn?t dare try it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 10:16:42 am »
jim
That is why it never happened. They wouldn?t dare try it

I would preface my comment with the fact that I hate the ideal of back ground checks cause I am selfish enough to want things to be like they have been my whole life and mostly I just hate change.  But, what I quoted from you is nowhere near the true situation.  The last one in louisiana sat down and waited for the cops to show up.  For many, this seems to be the new way to commit suicide while taping it to the world.  I don't think they are worried about somebody having a gun, it seems they are banking on it and hoping for it.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 11:55:47 am »
Evil doers doing evil deeds, sadly.
You have made your stance clear on background checks, Doesn't this stance within itself, contradict your parties 'general' stance on gun control opposed to the Second Amendment, as related to this topic? The right to 'carry', to defend ones self from evil doers? (To Keep and bare Arms)
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 03:36:08 pm »
Nobody is perfect. They all have things I like and that I dislike.
Cheers
gww

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 06:11:34 am »
>To Keep and bare Arms

Back when I was a carpenter I had bare arms a lot.  Living in a country where you can bare arms is nice.  Living in one where you can bear arms is even nicer.  I never really cared if I could arm bears since they are already pretty well armed...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 08:21:05 am »
Ace,
So because a few people out of 350 million people use guns illegally, you want to make it illegal for everyone to have guns.
Absolutely not.  I want our elected officials to come together and find a solution to prevent the few people out of 350 million from using them illegally.
40 years ago if you walked into a high school and started shooting here in baker county, half of the boys would have ran out to their trucks to get their guns and killed the guy. That is why it never happened. They wouldn?t dare try it.
Common Jim 300 trained officers didn't go in and kill the guy.  This is like telling war stories.  For most of the soldiers that were in combat they were scared to death and they were driven to advance.  Most people don't like killing other people.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 11:22:54 am »
>To Keep and bare Arms

Back when I was a carpenter I had bare arms a lot.  Living in a country where you can bare arms is nice.  Living in one where you can bear arms is even nicer.  I never really cared if I could arm bears since they are already pretty well armed...

Misplaced words can make a difference in meaning even it the misplaced word makes the same sound. It is to my regret that you 'might' have failed to see the point of my post in Reply#5 because of 'my' misplaced word 'bare'.  May I encourage you to go back and substitute 'bear' instead of 'bare', perhaps 'then' you may see more clearly the point which was intended, whether you agree with the point or not.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 11:28:12 am »

40 years ago if you walked into a high school and started shooting here in baker county, half of the boys would have ran out to their trucks to get their guns and killed the guy. That is why it never happened. They wouldn?t dare try it.
Common Jim 300 trained officers didn't go in and kill the guy.  This is like telling war stories.  For most of the soldiers that were in combat they were scared to death and they were driven to advance.  Most people don't like killing other people.
[/quote]

Ace,
Reread the above. What has your response got to do with mine.
Feel free to edit it.
Ben Franklin

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2023, 04:09:07 pm »
  In most recent events the perpetrator buys a gun legally and mows down innocent people.  Can I ask you if you see a problem?  Or should we just ignore it like most gun enthusiast.  Forget the studies use your head.  Stop making excuses.

Here is the problem...........the guns were not bought legally!!
Have you ever bought a gun?? at least in the last 10 years??

Look at the form you have to fill out....
question #14, to me if you answer "nonbinary" that would throw up a red flag for sure, you should be considered mentally ill. If you can't look in your underwear and determine if you are male or female there could only be two things wrong, 1. you are uneducated as far what determines you sex, easy fix with some pictures and instruction. 2. you are educated enough to know the difference and just refuse to accept them, no hope, mental defect.
question #21c, how stupid......yeah I'm getting this to rob a bank latter today....yeah right!
question #21h, kind of goes hand in hand with question # 14

Not sure what kind of a background check is actually done other than to see if you are a felon.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Just my take on it anyway, I am very sure you will see things in a different light.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2023, 05:43:25 pm »
G3farms
What does looking in your pants have to do with gun ownership?  Based on whos interpretation?  You might think buggers taste good and that might give me pause but would have nothing to do with gun ownership in a free society and bugger eating would not really harm anyone and you should be able to defend yourself against anyone wanting to harm you with out your hands tied. If somebody hates pink, they don't have to buy a pink gun, they just have to be right when they have one and harm no one with it that is not trying to harm them.  There is always somebody trying to draw the line on who can and who can't when it is really simple.  Don't use it for evil.  The ones that do draw lines seem to think about themselves that nothing I do would cause concern but I say depends on who you ask.   The only way to survive that type of environment is to be a person who has never been in an argument which is no one I know. 
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2023, 07:10:23 pm »
gww, did you not comprehend what he was saying? He said ay nonbinary is mentally ill. If you do not know if you are male or female, that is enough to keep you from owning a gun because of mental illness.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

salvo

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2023, 07:11:36 pm »
Hi Folks,

G3. I know exactly what you're saying. Gender Dysphoria is not a *normal* state of mind. It has been considered a sign of mental illness.

*THEY* have begun to change the definition of *Mental Defect* to *Neuro Divergent*.

Neurodivergent

Neurodivergent is a nonmedical term that describes people whose brains develop or work differently for some reason. This means the person has different strengths and struggles from people whose brains develop or work more typically. While some people who are neurodivergent have medical conditions, it also happens to people where a medical condition or diagnosis hasn?t been identified.

Note it says *non-medical*. It's a societal construct, meant only to intimidate normal people.

You say tomahto. I say tomato.

Mental is Mental. Unwillingness, or inability, to recognize one's gender is indicative of a mental or neural dysfunction.

BTW: We all should also know the definition of *Bugger*.

Many of *these gender dysphoric people* are angry and do hurt other people. Women's sports, teen girls in locker rooms, people who point out how strange they are, gentle demonstrators (in Canada recently).

Sal

« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 08:05:16 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 07:45:21 pm »
Iddee
Some people could say caring whether a black person married a white person when it does not effect you is a mental illness and that person should not be able to own a gun.  I know you care cause you have posted such in your life.  Do those who feel that way get to be the ones who make the rules of who is and who is not defined as mental ill.  Perhaps you would hope not.  Is being homophobic a mental illness?  If your homophobia goes as far as the orlando nightclub shooter, I would say most would consider that as being full fledge mental and so we might need to draw the line pretty tight just in case.  Maybe I comprehended just fine but would you want me to be the one with enough power to decide your mental illness?    If you decide and I decide and every other out there also decides, nobody will have a gun.  I don't trust anyone driving a foreign car and they may be crazy and un-loyal.  That guy owns a pit bull even after all the incidents involving them, is it mental illness?  How far you want to go?  I would give you a little leeway cause you are still a war hero to me but that might just mean I am mental to someone else.
Cheers
gww

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 07:59:23 pm »
G3farms
What does looking in your pants have to do with gun ownership?Might be where you keep your pistol LOL  Based on whos interpretation?of what???  You might think buggers taste good and that might give me pause but would have nothing to do with gun ownership in a free society and bugger eating would not really harm anyone and you should be able to defend yourself against anyone wanting to harm you with out your hands tied no need if your trigger finger is up your nose to the second knuckle. If somebody hates pink, they don't have to buy a pink gun, they just have to be right when they have onelisten to what YOU are saying and harm no one with it that is not trying to harm them.  There is always somebody trying to draw the line on who can and who can't when it is really simple.  Don't use it for evil.sounds like you are drawing a line on who can and can not own a gun now  The ones that do draw lines seem to think about themselves that nothing I do would cause concern but I say depends on who you ask.   The only way to survive that type of environment is to be a person who has never been in an argument which is no one I know. 
Cheers
gww

I would not know what a bugger taste like nor do I have any desire to even know, now I might have tasted of a booger when I was a little kid but that is kind of normal for all little kids to do at some point in time. Now if as a grown person you are still eating boogers then that is a little different story. Buggers are another mental defect type of person. Might want to look up what it means and if it is even legal in your state.

So I have to ask.........gww are you a gun owner yourself?
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 08:11:25 pm »
You bet.  I don't mind that my gay neighbor owns one either as he stopped a guy from stealing my car once.
Cheers
gww

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 08:13:17 pm »
Iddee
Some people could say caring whether a black person married a white person when it does not effect you is a mental illness and that person should not be able to own a gun.  I know you care cause you have posted such in your life.  Do those who feel that way get to be the ones who make the rules of who is and who is not defined as mental ill.  Perhaps you would hope not.  Is being homophobic a mental illness?  If your homophobia goes as far as the orlando nightclub shooter, I would say most would consider that as being full fledge mental and so we might need to draw the line pretty tight just in case.  Maybe I comprehended just fine but would you want me to be the one with enough power to decide your mental illness?    If you decide and I decide and every other out there also decides, nobody will have a gun.If everybody decides, well that is called voting, something we still do in this free country  I don't trust anyone driving a foreign car and they may be crazy and un-loyal.  That guy owns a pit bull even after all the incidents involving them, is it mental illness? not a mental illness but is he expecting anything different? Hard to fix stupid. How far you want to go?  I would give you a little leeway cause you are still a war hero to me but that might just mean I am mental to someone else.
Cheers
gww

homophobia - to me is a word that means a fear of something, I do not fear this just do not agree with the morality of it. For this reason I want nothing to do with it. Even if your ideas are queer to me, does not mean I have to agree with them. Do you go march in the rainbow rallies, I very much doubt it.

I hate getting drug into this type of thing!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 08:17:58 pm »
NO, gww, it's knowledge attained from experience, not mental illness. Learn the difference. 2 thoroughbred animals are valuable. offspring from 2 separate thoroughbred animals are mutts. I would have no problem with interracial marriage if there were no offspring. It's the kids I feel sorry for, not the bad people that made them.
As for homosexuals, there is something unnatural there, whether mental or physical. I do not know which or both. I do know I have both male and female friends that prefer the same sex, and we will continue being friends as long as they don't try to include me. In return, I would never try to get them to go the other way. I live and let live. I know no one that I agree with completely, other than my wife. I agree with her to stayalive and healthy.   :cool:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*