Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Freedom Of Speech  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Freedom Of Speech
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »
All of the talk about the cartoon contest sparking a terrorist attack has me thinking about our first amendment. My point of view is probably a little different than most. The best way to fight terrorism is to not allow yourself to be terrorized. By having this contest they were saying we are not afraid. Not only was that statement made quite well, but also two terrorists were killed with minimal collateral damage. Those that say well you have the right to do that doesn't mean that you should because you could incite violence fail to realize that those who are willing to commit acts of terror will do so because it scares people. They don't like our freedom so they scare people into submission.

After 9/11 we lost a lot of freedom all out of fear. We need to start taking it back. Our country was founded on liberty. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

anything