Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: microsoft office  (Read 4520 times)

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
microsoft office
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:23 am »
Quick question about microsoft office. When I type up a letter and want to email it to somebody it sends the document along with the tools to alter it. I am missing something too simple here. All I need to do is email the typed document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: microsoft office
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
What I do is save the document in a folder. I then open my email and attach the doc to the email. I dont send them using the Word's "send to" option. Sorry if its 'clear as mud'

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:24 am »
That is it, my daughter showed us but now just rolls her eyes and says she doesn't know how.

please enlighten me on the process!
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:37 am »
"the tools"  is probably a viewer as not everyone has Word.  A better option would be to send it as a PDF.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
that is the problem, can not figure out how to even save it to a folder with out all of the tool bars associated with it.

pm me you email addy and I will show you what I mean.

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »
What version of MS Office and which application are you using? 

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 06:15:11 pm »
control S will save it to your docs. know where your save folder is.  it's usually your documents folder.  then go to your email program, choose attach, you should get a box that lets you find your doc folder, choose the doc and click open (usually), and doc will attach to email.

are you sure you are not trying to send a doc out of the draft folder??
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »
Thanks all, we finally figured it out. Need to save it as a  .docx  file to be able to send it as a file that can just be viewed.

anything