Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking to Acquire bee hive, or bees in Central Cali ( modesto area)  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
Hello,

I am trying to track down a hive  or bees   semi locally. Maybe a Split you need  to do or just did to help prevent a swarm but don't have supplies for the new hive or what ever? Maybe you just like helping new people get situated ?   If you are withing 70 miles of Modesto, CA I would love to do some "horse trading" for some bees.

Thanks for reading my post.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
a bee club could help

watch out for the Africans

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
Thanks for a push in the right direction Jay. Anyone have a recommendation for one in my area?  Or just ask uncle google?

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
met up with an awesome bee keeper near sac today. Got a hive he said was 40k + and ready for a split. Nice guy gave me spare frames I needed to use fill in the extra boxes I had laying around.  So now have a bait box, a 3 deep hive with top and bottom, and my bees. Was also given a nice well worn hive tool that to me seems special, and more prized by me than a new one. Will likely post a new thread   for the new hive.

Funny little bit he saw I left my veil on the hood of the car " you are not afraid of the bees ? " Wouldn't you know I get  a trouble maker who stings me under my glasses right at my right eye :0P

Very excited and very thankful :0)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:43:56 am by Garlicyoda »

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
look in members

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
first bee club meeting is this Tuesday, but see my post in trading post :0/