Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dispatching Breeder Rabbits  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Dispatching Breeder Rabbits
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2023, 05:09:12 pm »
I've never had a problem with the  22 HP because that's all I usually buy (because I have never had a problem and see no need to purchase the round nose for my usages.). I will not knock the round nose though... here is how we do it....
Warning: the following is not for the squeamish..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2oI4ei6NWc&t=3s

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2023, 05:32:42 pm »
I'm pretty sure the bullets we have for the .22 LR are these.  https://www.remington.com/rimfire/22-thunderbolt/29-21241.html
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2023, 06:23:38 pm »
Those should not cause fragmentation Reagan. Personally I would simply follow iddees advice given in reply #25. 
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2023, 07:22:33 pm »
I highly recommend an instant pot.  I have the 10 qt pot, but they come smaller.  There's no bad meat with one of these things.  + if you are like me and forget to take stuff out of the freezer...
And there are other brands.  My first electric pressure cooker was not instant pot.  I wanted to make sure I'd use it so I got a knock off.  Used it until I broke it and then got a good one   :grin:

They go on sale from time to time but aren't too expensive even at full price.  Makes a great pot of chili too!

https://instantpot.com/instant-pot-home/
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2023, 08:22:08 pm »
Sounds good! How is it with roast?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2023, 09:03:20 pm »
Sounds good! How is it with roast?

Really good.  There are different machines with different options, but the basics are the same.  For some roasts, I brown them first, but usually, I just dump them in the pot with seasoning.  I add the veggies later and cook again for another 20 min or so.  I buy 1/2 a cow at a time so we have lots of roasts.  + we buy pork and chicken in bulk when it goes on sale. 

Makes great pulled pork and pulled chicken. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2023, 09:12:20 pm »
On squirrels, I usually use .22 short because they're quieter and because I still have a bunch of 'em left from a great deal 30 years ago.

I like 22 shorts for squirrels also for the same reason. But I have a 22 that only handles LR so the '22 LR Subsonic' makes  a decent substitute..

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2023, 09:20:34 pm »
Those should not cause fragmentation Reagan. Personally I would simply follow iddees advice given in reply #25.
ditto again

15th, are you sure the sharp fragments weren't bone ? bloody stuff looks the same sometimes
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2023, 09:57:57 pm »
Pretty sure. I mean, they were shiny and metal.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 10:10:41 pm by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.