Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Toy - Springfield XDS 9mm w/3.3 barrel  (Read 3447 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
New Toy - Springfield XDS 9mm w/3.3 barrel
« on: December 10, 2015, 10:44:23 am »
Sold some bees a few months back. I'd been planning on getting me a pistol I'd love and could carry around with me all the time. So I did. We already have a few pistols - all 9mm mainly for ammo sake. There's one in my wife's truck, purse, and bedroom. One of the reasons I got it was to be able to carry it to church. yep church. We drive around 35-40 minutes to attend an 8 oclock service at a mega church. For some reason over the past year I've developed a healthy fear of someone walking in and spraying the congregation.., back to the op

I wanted a sub compact that was reliable and accurate. After watching hickory(something or hickcock) I bought a Springfield xds 9mm with a 3.3 barrel. It came with 2 magazines, one with an extension one without. Both now have an extension. The extension allows me to use all my fingers to hold it. Hickory compared this one and a s&w shield 40, side by side. For him choosing between the two was difficult. He seem to favor the xds more because of the trigger pull and accuracy. I've probably put 3 to 4 hundred rounds through it since I bought it a couple of months ago.

I'm nothing to be compared to hickory but my findings have been very favorable as well. I can do a head shot almost every time at 40 steps. I can shoot up the box that the ammo came in at about 15 steps or more pretty good. I plan to practice neck shots since a terrorist will probably be suited up with protection. The trigger pull is great as well as the accuracy. I've been buying the wal mart aluminum 9mm for around 9.78 per 50 rounds.

A good pistol deserves a good holster. I purchased a black hawk serppio(?) IWB (inside the waist ban). The actual gun and holster is outside. When I reach my hand down I push on the side releasing and bringing the pistol out snuggly in the shooting grip. Love it! The great state of Alabama also has an open carry law. Now when I'm outside I'm carrying. I am also carrying when I go to outdoor events and some indoor events. Not like a gun slinger. My theory is the more we exercise the open carry the more the public sees it and the more they will get use to it.

Great little pistol. However, it ain't no good if you're not use to it.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
Re: New Toy - Springfield XDS 9mm w/3.3 barrel
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:18:49 am »
GSF,
I selected the S&W Shield,9mm, based on Hickock's comparison. 
I was surprised at the accuracy and don't doubt your results either. 
I purchased It used and run steel through it at times.
I don't carry but have recently have had thoughts of doing so.
Good luck, enjoy.

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »
The XDs line from S.A. are nice . But I bought the Taurus pt111g2. It's considered subcompact but has a double stack mag. so I have 12+1  rounds instead of 7or8. It fits my hand better but the trigger isn't as crisp.
I carry concealed(AlienGear CT2- all-day comfortable) or open(BH Serpa- I prefer the extra retention it offers), it just depends on where I'm going or what I'm doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:55:20 am »
Well, I bought a 9mm a couple of week ago.  Been thinking about getting a CC permit and my 1911 45 is a little harder to conceal.  I read several reviews, was looking for something on the cheap side also, went to a local store to check out a SCCY (sky) CPX2 CB.  Liked it and got it.  New in the box, came with two clips both with the extensions and a trigger lock for $275.  Fired a couple of clips, then cleaned it, there was a slight rough spot in the trigger.  So while it was apart, I smoothed that up.  It shot fine before and even better now.  I have shot a couple of boxes though it. Nice little gun.  I ordered a few hundred rounds of American Eagle, Federal Premium FMJ from Natchez Shooters Supplies in Chattanoga  Tenn.  They had them on for 21.79 per hundred. 

Good luck and good shooting

Joe D

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
Since my last post on this, I have got a VERSACARRY and a Ready holster, both are IWB holsters.  And a green dot armalaser laser for the SCCY CPX-2 CB, love this little pistol.

In a few weeks I should be getting my EC permit, have done all the paper work and turned it in with payment on Dec 29 2015.

Joe D

anything