Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oxalic acid shop towel  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
Oxalic acid shop towel
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:39:03 am »
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/scibeeimages/2016-Beyond-Taktic-pdf.pdf

http://scientificbeekeeping.com/oxalic-shop-towel-updates/

Don't think I've seen anything here about this. I tried doing a forum search and a google search but nothing came up. I'm excited about the possibility. Those ingredients are readily available and seems easy to put together. I am hesitant to try it out. This year I'm going to try queen rearing and am planning on expanding my apiary. Some adverse event would ruin all of that. The initial reports however have been mostly promising.

I know that there has already been wide use of oxalic acid as a vapor and drizzle. Randy's sit seems to indicate that his bees seemed to prefer the acidic environment. Does anybody know how temperature and humidity alter the effects and safety of oxalic acid?  I'd imagine the weather for a spring treatment in my neck of the woods is vastly different from a spring treatment in Randy's neck of the woods.
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
Re: Oxalic acid shop towel
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:35:18 pm »
Just found his web site last week and it looks like he is onto something. It took me a good week to read and digest his testing procedures. He says the treatment method has been used in Argentina with good results. The application seems easy enough and the cost is minimal but he does say the treatment takes two or more weeks to have full effect. I'm planning to add it to my arsenal for mites.   

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
Re: Oxalic acid shop towel
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:17:35 am »
I?d make sure to do some research before jumping all in on this. So far the results have been mixed. Not everybody has been able to replicate Randy?s success with this treatment. Oxalic acid is still very good to vaporize.
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

anything