BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DISEASE & PEST CONTROL

Hunting and killing Colonies of Asian hornets.

(1/2) > >>

Jim134:
  Some people may be interested.. How asian hornet hunters. Find and kill Colonies of asian Hornets. The beekeepers in the Philippines do the exact same thing.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Scebile5ZmY?si=CEXsJt83UBcXt3Q1

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:

Ben Framed:
Interestingly Awesome!  I enjoyed the short video Jim134! Thanks!

Terri Yaki:
I had a nest of them in the side of my house this year. This was a first for me and I was not happy with their presence so I killed the nest but I have heard a lot of people say to just let them bee. I'm pretty territorial that way, if it might harm me or my stuff, I'm inclined to eliminate it. I have seen a couple of videos where they tag the hornet with a piece of TP or something and chase it down and I wonder if it's as easy as they make it look or if it actually takes a lot more time and effort and they just edit all that out.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Terri Yaki on December 21, 2023, 09:17:53 am ---I had a nest of them in the side of my house this year. This was a first for me and I was not happy with their presence so I killed the nest but I have heard a lot of people say to just let them bee. I'm pretty territorial that way, if it might harm me or my stuff, I'm inclined to eliminate it. I have seen a couple of videos where they tag the hornet with a piece of TP or something and chase it down and I wonder if it's as easy as they make it look or if it actually takes a lot more time and effort and they just edit all that out.

--- End quote ---

Terri I wasn't aware that Asian Hornets had made their way to Pennsylvania. Maybe you are referring to another species of hornet?

Phillip

Terri Yaki:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on December 21, 2023, 10:05:56 am ---

--- Quote from: Terri Yaki on December 21, 2023, 09:17:53 am ---I had a nest of them in the side of my house this year. This was a first for me and I was not happy with their presence so I killed the nest but I have heard a lot of people say to just let them bee. I'm pretty territorial that way, if it might harm me or my stuff, I'm inclined to eliminate it. I have seen a couple of videos where they tag the hornet with a piece of TP or something and chase it down and I wonder if it's as easy as they make it look or if it actually takes a lot more time and effort and they just edit all that out.

--- End quote ---

Terri I wasn't aware that Asian Hornets had made their way to Pennsylvania. Maybe you are referring to another species of hornet?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
Hmmm...You might be right. Is there a European hornet that's similar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version