Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BBQ sauce recipes  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
BBQ sauce recipes
« on: January 04, 2023, 04:40:05 pm »
Hi folks

I have just purchased a wax melter where sticky cappings can be rendered in a boiler without the addition of water. Wax will float on top of honey that will be released from the cappings as it heats. This honey will be recovered and drained off for use in cooking. Do any of you have any good sauce recipes that you wouldn?t mind sharing? I reckon there will be quite a lot of cooking honey recovered and I would like to put it to good use.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: BBQ sauce recipes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 07:05:04 am »
You're on the right track.  Whatever the recipe, use honey for all the sweetening and make that half of the ingredients.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 08:09:30 pm »
I bought 2 gallons many years ago from another local beekeeper when I ran out. Long story short, I got a bad sore throat and then a cold and the honey did nothing to help. I called the Beek and found out he had heated it to 130 degrees Fahrenheit. We ended up using it to make preserves and anything else that called for sugar that was cooked.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 08:28:10 pm »
You are on the money Jim. Heated honey is just a sweetener that is good for cooking and adding flavour to food. When I do recover this small amount of honey from the cappings, that will be its only use. Just hoping that someone has some good recipes to utilise it.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 11:24:35 pm »
Les I don't have any but I bet Coolbees does and maybe others here too. He post here from time to time and is quite the outdoors man.... The next time he is online and posting, lets remember to ask him.. I am thinking iddee, gww, and 30 might also have something  good for you... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 11:33:29 pm »
My Wife's Grandaddy was an old time meat man in the respect he had a smokehouse and smoke cured his ham and bacon etc. He also made his own 'pre bar-be-que 'soak'.
Wicker's brand is a Bar-be-que favorite pre soak of many in my area. He had a home recipe that was identical in effect and taste as Wickers brand 'soak' so I have been told. Unfortunately the secret died with him. When ask how to make it nearing his death he tried to explain how it was done, unfortunately he never wrote it down and could not communicate how it was done even though he tired to tell members of the family the ingredients and how to mix it...

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.