Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A little more for the Science Minded  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
A little more for the Science Minded
« on: October 17, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »
Plastic liner inside aluminum drink cans?

https://youtube.com/shorts/xIVONw9Pr4w?feature=share
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: A little more for the Science Minded
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 07:31:33 am »
The plastic keeps you from getting so much soluble aluminum which is associated with Alzheimer's.  It also gives the can a little more strength.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 01:23:12 pm »
Fascinating!  Who knew!  I wonder if the plastic interferes with the recyclability of the can. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 12:44:06 am »
Fascinating!  Who knew!  I wonder if the plastic interferes with the recyclability of the can. 

Good question! I am going to make a guess.  Maybe slightly? I am guessing when the aluminum is melted the minute amount of plastic is burned away and what little is left will become impurities which will be filtered in the recycling process.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Adding: Until this video, I never knew there was a plastic lining in drink cans.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.