Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Prices for honey products...  (Read 4329 times)

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
Re: Prices for honey products...
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 12:21:24 pm »
$10/lb.  I only did 24 oz Queen Anne bottles this year, so $15 a bottle.
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 01:35:39 pm »

Matt I'm not familiar with the Queen Anne style bottles. Do you have a picture? Are these the classic honey bottles sold as queenline? Thanks

.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:15:17 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2021, 06:31:18 am »
Member I am bumping this for a refresher of your interest as well as mine, per a conversation you and I slightly touched on yesterday. Reply number 7 may be of interest to you. Personally I think this is one of the neatest Ideas I have seen in honey production.

Phillip

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »
Member I am bumping this for a refresher of your interest as well as mine, per a conversation you and I slightly touched on yesterday. Reply number 7 may be of interest to you. Personally I think this is one of the neatest Ideas I have seen in honey production.

Phillip
Thanks, Phillip.  I agree, I think it's so neat!  It's not exactly the most practical way of getting honey, but it's so cool, I don't care!  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 01:35:41 pm »
Thanks, Phillip.  I agree, I think it's so neat!  It's not exactly the most practical way of getting honey, but it's so cool, I don't care! :grin:

Me Either! I totally agree! I am grateful to JurassicApiary for posting this.  :grin:

Phillip

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2021, 06:59:40 pm »
I went to BYOB this year, working outstanding. Hopefully wont have to buy bottles anymore. Selling for 5.80 a pound out of milk cans. If you keep bees they make Honey,if you split your hives they make more honey. if you're a good beekeeper, they all make more honey, honey is money, you cant get away from that no matter how you sell it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:35:27 pm by Bill Murray »

Offline microage97

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2021, 01:42:59 pm »

If anyone is interested in seeing the entire post with more photos and instructions from the author I can find it and post the link. Once the bees cap the honey, he fills the empty space in the jar with honey too. Personally, I dig the presentation and simplicity.

I would love to see / learn more. Here is a page with their howto:

https://www.honeybeesuite.com/comb-honey-in-glass-jars/

Dave

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2021, 02:19:00 pm »

If anyone is interested in seeing the entire post with more photos and instructions from the author I can find it and post the link. Once the bees cap the honey, he fills the empty space in the jar with honey too. Personally, I dig the presentation and simplicity.

I would love to see / learn more. Here is a page with their howto:

Dave

Awesome microage97 thanks to you both!!

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2021, 03:37:35 pm »
That was interesting I am going to try it this year. Thanks

Online Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2021, 11:11:17 pm »
You do realize 24 Fluid ounces is 2 pounds of honey ??  So now you're only getting $7 per pound... In my opinion this is cheap for honey..  I personally have never heard.. Of a Queen Anne  bottles.. Queenline bottles yes. I personally gave up on Queenline bottles. Maybe 30 years ago and went to a classic honey bottles.. On average the classic  Honey bottle is approximately $0.30 less per bottle . Then queenline bottles..  There are very few people who can tell the difference.
 I don't know how to post pictures on this form ?
 So you could actually see the difference..

BEE HAPPY Jim134 :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 11:46:57 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2021, 11:53:37 pm »
Jim in all your years of experience have you by chance tried the method posted here earlier by JurassicApiary and followed up by microage97? It would be nice to actually talk to someone who has experience with this way of doing things.

Thanks,

Phillip

Online Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2021, 01:21:01 am »
Jim in all your years of experience have you by chance tried the method posted here earlier by JurassicApiary and followed up by microage97? It would be nice to actually talk to someone who has experience with this way of doing things.

Thanks,

Phillip

If you're talking about the picture... I have never done this.. And I don't know anyone who has..

BEE HAPPY  Jim 134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

anything