Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Careful Hunters and Beekeepers in Bear Country!  (Read 6454 times)

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Careful Hunters and Beekeepers in Bear Country!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2021, 05:04:28 pm »
Makes for perfect reasoning Alan.   :grin: You probably remember from our previous conversations that one of my desires of priorities is to >someday< backpack horse style in the Rockies.

I use to read those Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and Sports Afield magazines when younger, while growing up on horses. I have always wished to take that plunge. I suppose with the regulations and rules concerning self defense protection, a person had better be well versed in the law part of protection as well.
Thanks again for pointing out the gun caliber concerns as well as the legal aspects.

Phillip
You can stay south of Wyoming and hunt the rockies on horse and need nothing. Our elk trips to Colorado are backpack trips. We killed that elk this year 4.5 miles from the truck on foot. Paid a horse guy to get it out for us. But all in all, we slept on the bare ground under tarps somewhere between the wolves, cougars and the black bear. I spent several nites alone under a tarp 3-5 miles from base camp. But the hunting rifle is all you should ever need there, if just for peace of mind. Of course, when we do that in archery season, all you have is a bow. That?s pretty comfortable too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 06:00:19 pm by .30WCF »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Careful Hunters and Beekeepers in Bear Country!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2021, 05:43:05 pm »
Sounds good 30. I like hearing of y?alls trips and adventures. I really enjoy your hunting pictures too. Those girls are off to a good start! Good stuff!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything