Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Charm school  (Read 1371 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Charm school
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:17:29 am »
Two well-dressed ladies happened to start up a conversation during an endless wait in the Atlanta Airport Terminal. The first lady was an arrogant Victorian type, married to a wealthy business man. The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from New York City.

After a little while the Victorian woman said: "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me." The lady from New York commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The Victorian type continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz." Again, the lady from New York commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The Victorian type went on, "Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet." Yet again, the New York lady commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The Victorian type then asked, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?" My husband sent me to charm school right here in Atlanta," declared the New York lady.

"Charm school?" the Victorian type cried, "Oh, my Lord! What could they teach you?"

The New York lady responded, "Well as an example... instead of saying, "Who gives a F---?", I learned to say, "Well, isn't that precious?".
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

anything