Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Making custom honey jar labels  (Read 12297 times)

Offline dbzog

• New Bee
Making custom honey jar labels
« on: July 28, 2009, 03:40:05 pm »
Rather than purchase generic labels, I'm interested in creating my own.  Yes, I'm a half way tech savvy Mac user.  Is anyone familiar w/ an appropriate application and where to get label stock for this purpose? 

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Making custom honey jar labels
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 06:52:54 pm »
I get labels at onlinelabels.com, a program I have no idea, someone made mine for me because I am an idiot when it comes to that stuff.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:54:52 pm »
I also have been purchasing my labels at "ONLINELABELS.COM' and using their creative program to design my labels.  I have downloaded my own designs into their program and then added text. I purchase the waterproof labels and they are the best ever.  You can run them under water and the design remains.

Offline dbzog

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:49 pm »
"ONLINELABELS.COM'
...Worth looking into.  Thanks!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:32:05 am »
I use Avery design pro, and so do a lot of others here.  It is a free download (I don't know if it is available for Mac though)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline dbzog

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 12:03:31 am »
I use Avery design pro, and so do a lot of others here.  It is a free download (I don't know if it is available for Mac though)
Mac version is also free.  Also an interesting choice but I do wish it had more tools and options.  Thanks for the recommendations!

Offline Koala John

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:32:43 am »
dbzog, for what it's worth, I've used a program called Comic Life (plasq.com) on the Mac for labels. It's a free program. I wouldn't use it for a commercial label unless the results really appeal to you, but we used it to create some great fun labels to give to friends. We put a picture of our family in, with a funny caption coming out of the mouth of our three year old. It was a huge hit. As I said, not suitable for commercial labels, but the result for family/friends was just great.