Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeper experience  (Read 1081 times)

Offline marko_bee

• New Bee
Beekeeper experience
« on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:00 am »
Hey all, I am an amateur beekeeper but trying to contribute to the community from my technical knowledge since I like beekeeping. I?d like to provide a project where beekeepers can share their experience writing stories about any topics they want. That would be open for everyone to write and read, like an encyclopedia of experiences.

My idea is that younger beekeepers can easily and quickly learn from the beekeepers with a lot of experience and also giving a chance to all beekeepers to see others experiences.

What do you think about it?

Offline JR4AL

• New Bee
Re: Beekeeper experience
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:39:24 am »
I like your idea. This is similar to what authors Ormond and Harry Aebi did in their book, ?Mastering the Art of Beekeeping?. It is an easy read and I would recommend it to new and old beekeepers alike. I am interested to see what stories folks will contribute here. Good luck on this project. Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 01:07:48 pm »
Marko,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Sounds like a great idea. As a matter of fact it sounds just like what John did when he created BeeMaster. 😄
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline marko_bee

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:55 am »
Thank you both for the feedback! I am glad you like the idea   :happy:

Yeah, BeeMaster is more like a forum, you can write questions, answers and you can discuss about different topics. What I thought to make is something like writing stories from the personal experiences so that people can read and learn from it. It will have a different format then a forum and they will not exclude each other, they will be complementary to each other.

I personally like reading blogs, especially those that provide quality content about real experiences because that's the one of the best ways to learn new things avoiding making mistakes someone else already made.

I just wanted to check with people if that would be useful to make?

Also any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Offline marko_bee

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 12:43:45 am »
I've created a small proof of concept and added a small article (it's not my experience though, just simple article about a queen bee)

If you have any ideas how to improve it or what to add to be useful for readers and writers, please let me know, would be glad to discuss about it.

You can find it here: https://www.beekeeping-experience.com/