Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Possible Bee Removal Law  (Read 2577 times)

Offline orvette1

• House Bee
Possible Bee Removal Law
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:13 pm »
I am working with two local State legislators and a lawyer on a new law for Hawaii.  So far if an exterminator gets a call about honey bees they are not required to call a live bee removal person.  I would like to see this change. Here is a very rough draft of a law I will propose to the State. If you have other ideas please let me know.
Require certified commercial pesticide applicators and licensed commercial pesticide operators in the State to contact identified beekeepers or live bee removal persons to either obtain assistance in relocating specific honey bee colonies, or to seek approval to destroy the colonies, prior to extermination. These rules and regulations shall include any appropriate emergency health and safety exceptions.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Possible Bee Removal Law
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »
Multiple postings of the same post in different forums is frowned upon. The mods get upset when you do it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Shane1962

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:06:27 pm »
New Jersey:
It is against the law to kill a swarm of honey bees without first trying to get a beekeeper to collect them.

Honey bees living in the walls of a building can be killed if it?s a public health issue. Most pest control companies do not want to do this because of the liability to the home and neighboring beekeepers if their bees rob out contaminated honey or if the combs melt and honey and wax run down inside the home owner?s wall. It?s much easier to say it?s illegal than to try to explain to a non-beekeeper what I just wrote to you.

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:20:15 am »
Can you cite the NJ law or regulation that makes killing a swarm illegal?  I don't belive that is true.

anything