Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just started in Michigan  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Opie

• Brood
Just started in Michigan
« on: May 11, 2017, 11:33:54 pm »
Have wanted to keep bees for at least 20 years..........with kids and work, it just never happened. All my buddies have been doing it, and I finally made the plunge, I'm totally hooked......... Ordered a hive online, only to be disappointed that it would not be available in time. So being a cabinetmaker, and with my package arriving in four days with no hive, I had to step up and build my own. Started with one, and realized two would be better after exhaustive reading. Huge fan of Michael Bush, and so many others on youtube and the internet, such a great resource at your finger tips with a wealth of valuable information, pictures and photos. Packages have been in for two weeks now, and after some initial cold rainy days, things seem to be progressing nicely. I enjoy sitting on my little bee deck in between the hives, and just watching them work, the more I learn and see, the more I am amazed at these small animals.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Just started in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:27:19 am »
Welcome.  :happy:
Those are some nice looking hives.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:00:34 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Really nice hives. Why would you want to buy when you can build like that.  :happy:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:19:26 am »
Welcome.   Bee-utiful hives!!! :wink:

anything