Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Virginia CHL online  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Virginia CHL online
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »
I received a piece of mail about getting a Virginia CHL online from some outfit.  Tore it up and tossed it.  Today, my neighbor received the same thing online.  It purports to offer an online course leading to a concealed handgun license by online study.  When I checked the Virgina statute -- 

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter7/section18.2-308.02/

It appears it is possible under. Section 18.2-308.02(B)(7) to obtain a CHL by online course from a qualified instructor, but this still looks like a scam and the promotion leaves a lot of unfo out, like having to have notarized application, etc.

Has anyone else. Received this?  Is it a scam?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: Virginia CHL online
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 01:47:58 pm »
I've seen ads for Utah CCW class online, mostly on FB and the shooting forums I use.  They don't seem to include fingerprinting and photo fees.  The cost is about double what one would pay for live classroom, which usually does include the fees and the required range time.

I wouldn't bite for what I can see.  I'd bet double er nothin' that it's the same outfit and they're tailoring the ad to mention your state or the state your Internet server happens to be.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:40:38 pm »
Yes, it specifically says Texas residents can get the Virginia license.  Probably change wording for each state they target.  They sent it to my neighbor who is 87 years old and needs a walker to get around.  Well, I guess he could carry concealed in his bag on the walker.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:55:23 am »
I'm waiting for them to do it like drivers license, you get one in your state and its good in all states.  Already have the enhanced conceal license.

Joe D

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:31:14 pm »
I'm waiting for them to do it like drivers license, you get one in your state and its good in all states.  Already have the enhanced conceal license.

Joe D

What is an enhanced conceal license?

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 01:03:09 pm »

A lot of states are now honoring other states that honor their licenses. A lot of states honor FL's CWL.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:08:27 am »
Here not sure about else where, you get a concealed permit, and then can apply for an enhanced permit.  With the enhanced you can carry almost anywhere, several places that a concealed carry doesn't cover. 
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Dallas, haven't been online much lately.

Joe D