Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from California  (Read 2553 times)

Offline andrewc

• Brood
Hello from California
« on: November 20, 2022, 07:33:11 pm »
Hello, just saying hi. We are pretty new to beekeeping, we've managed to scare off our first hive or two but we're trying again this spring. I enjoy making the hives in my shop and my sister tends to them on her property. Thinking of starting with a "nuc" this time, poking around the Bakersfield area for a supplier. We shall see how it goes, the area we keep the bees in is pretty hot and dry. Hope everyone is doing well.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Hello from California
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 07:42:40 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, andrewc!  :happy:  Feel free to ask any questions you may have or just post about what is going on with you and your bees!  We have members here from all over the world in many different climates, so I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of good advice for keeping bees in an area like yours.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 07:45:36 pm »
Welcome! We are glad to have you join us! It?s nice to hear they your sister is also involved! As The15thMember stated. Ask all the questions you wish!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 07:46:40 pm »
Andrew,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline AustinB

• House Bee
  • Christian, father, outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 10:44:10 am »
Welcome from VA
The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proberbs 16:24

anything