Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Plant vs. Zombies - sweeeeet  (Read 5270 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Plant vs. Zombies - sweeeeet
« on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »
Okay, Beemaster LOVES anything ZOMBIES and (first of all) Thank you Annette again SOOOOOO much for my Zombie Year Calendar - It has been a wonderful year at work each time I open my locker at work, I think of you and smile. I believe I'm almost ready for the Zombie Apocalypse thanks to you :)

So here is a FUN JAVA Game I came across today and it really has a lot to keep you busy, entertained and thinking! Simple rules and just using your mouse makes this fun out of the gate.

Your job is to protect zombies from making it across your lawn to your house. You do this by putting plants, plant guns, rocks, and other tools you gain as you progress through levels. It is a stationary game, in that... your house is to the left and the zombies walk in from the right - don't let them get to your house, simple enough??

Strategy and speed come together as you block the zombies by plants you plant, the more plants you put together, the more suns (which you collect to quickly buy object you have earned) allow you to choose what you need to further block their waves of attack.

It is fun, and cute - has you on your toes as you learn where and why to put the plants and other things down. It is pretty fast paced and does make you think, nice combo.

GREAT Halloween game for the kids, really cute and NOT anything scary. For the young ones, it might be a really great intro into logic puzzles, which are a wonderful tool for learning the skills of brainstorming.

PLEASE if you try this, let me know what you think.

http://chrome.plantsvszombies.com/ - it loads in a few seconds and has lots of free levels and some really fun side games and puzzles too.

Mind you, this is a 7 level demo of the full game - here are some youtube videos to let you see what else is ahead. It really gets crazy with pools on the lawn, back yard games, weapons galore and so many cool things.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=viuRWsavh-Q for a huge collection of videos with a good host explaining stuff - hours of videos here, I just enjoy looking at how smartly made this is made.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:01:58 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Plant vs. Zombies - sweeeeet
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
Glad I could help John in the never ending pursuit of those god awful zombies. Glad the calendar educated you enough to feel you could be safe when those zombies start coming around. :-D :-D

Take care
Annette

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:51 am »
My kids have been playing it on their iPod-they love it. But then again, they love anything with the word 'Zombie' attached to it. For a change in our range days at work, Im looking to purchase some of these:

http://zombietargets.net/

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »
Since you like zombies this might interest you. There is a bee tree on the set of an upcoming episode of the walking dead. I was called in to eyeball it and make sure both the bees and cast were safe. I have it slated for a trap out come spring.
They have been a client of mine for the last year.
Here's an interesting tidbit. Did you know zombies don't like snakes, skunks and rats. At least those have been what I've dealt with so far.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com