Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beek  (Read 1591 times)

Offline pleakea

• Brood
New Beek
« on: May 20, 2017, 10:09:46 pm »
New Beek, I love woodworking so I was able to build 2 complete hive over the winter. I had a locust tree in my pasture that blowed over in Dec 2016. I found out that tree housed a colony. So fed them until April 25, and did a cut out. I lost my queen but managed to get the swarm in a hive. Biggest colony I have seen, the brood chamber in the tree was 4 ft. long. Which I made all my frames, so cut that out rubber banded all the brood I could in 2 these frames. I order a queen here kinda local within 200 miles, she arrived on day 6 after the cut out. So kept her caged for 3 days, let the bees release her. She is now laying very well, and aggressive bees has now calmed down, I believe when I was doing the cut 12x stung with a smoker and suit. I have not been stung since my new queen. I been feeding them but the flow here in Indiana is going strong, so they not to interested in it, but it's there. I also moved them 6 miles to let them reset. I believe that there going to be a great hive, there are tougher then any package you purchase. So next week I am praying we well have new nurse bees, my girls are now starting to get some age on them.. Thank you.

Online cao

• Super Bee
Re: New Beek
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53:08 pm »
Welcome.  :happy:

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:31 am »
Welcome to the forum!   Best of luck with your bees.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:19:31 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Sounds like you are doing a good job.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline pleakea

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:01:49 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome.

anything