Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another Beemaster family loss  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Another Beemaster family loss
« on: December 30, 2022, 11:03:01 am »
Geoff Whitelaw has died.  He was a member on here for many years and a personal friend to a lot of us.  I met him at one of the Bud events and he came to our home and stayed with us after as he was on his way to a balls tournament in the bay area before heading home to Australia.  He was quite the character and even though I knew this was coming I am sad that I will never pick up the phone and hear his 'g'day Kathy'! again. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Another Beemaster family loss
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 11:49:50 am »
Thank you for posting this Kathy. I am sorry to hear we have lost him. I remember a GREAT joke he told here in the humor section a few short years ago. "Only in Oz ! !" was one of the funniest jokes I have ever heard. Geoff will be missed.

Phillip

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=51840.msg460688#msg460688
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 08:46:35 am »
Geoff Whitelaw has died.  He was a member on here for many years and a personal friend to a lot of us.  I met him at one of the Bud events and he came to our home and stayed with us after as he was on his way to a balls tournament in the bay area before heading home to Australia.  He was quite the character and even though I knew this was coming I am sad that I will never pick up the phone and hear his 'g'day Kathy'! again.

I did call Geoff about 6 months ago.. through Facebook live Chat .  Yes he  Answer the phone with .. g'day Jim.
  We talk for about 10 to 15 minutes

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  😊
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 10:07:47 am »
Bummer. :sad:
gww

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 07:45:29 am »
A fine gentleman that will be missed. I, too, have met him and talked several times on the phone. Enjoyed every minute of it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 11:57:58 pm »
sorry to hear of the loss of another long time member :cry:
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 06:49:29 pm »
Below you will 'hear' Bud1, the narrator/cameraman recording Beemaster1 as Bud welcomed him to Mississippi at the airport proceeding a BUD EVENT, with Geoff sneaking up from behind all the way from Australia. lol  :grin: These folks were good friends to each other, as well as many here at Beemaster.  Bud1 and Geoff will be missed by many.   

https://youtu.be/n4kifttnzy8
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 07:28:57 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything