Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee delivery question  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: bee delivery question
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 11:56:32 pm »
I suppose a scientist never really retires!  Nice !

Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 12:36:56 am »

Trinocular stereo microscopes with digital camera and Mac book airPro, latest toy for insemination of queen bees.  Now I can video for the few who are interested.

Not a computer wiz, I am in same boat.  But I can click enough icons to make things work, and somehow tech items works.

Van
I am one of the few interested. Also I did not know trinocular was a word until now, so thank you for that as well.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 10:11:08 am »
So Van, is this like when my doc uses X-ray guidance for administering an epidural?

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 12:07:18 pm »
Let?s see it Van.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 12:24:43 pm »

Trinocular stereo microscopes with digital camera and Mac book airPro, latest toy for insemination of queen bees.  Now I can video for the few who are interested.

Not a computer wiz, I am in same boat.  But I can click enough icons to make things work, and somehow tech items works.

Van
I am one of the few interested. Also I did not know trinocular was a word until now, so thank you for that as well.  :grin:

X2
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 12:49:08 pm »
Ok, ok.  But I don?t have queens ready.  I have not grafted yet.  I am waiting on drones. I placed green drone frame in a breeder quality hive a week ago.  I checked this morning and there are few eggs.  I have a few walking drones, not enough and not genetic quality either.  I expect late April at the earliest, more likely May.  We have had a cold March, bees not able to fly, to cold.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 03:33:00 pm »
Ok, ok.  But I don?t have queens ready.  I have not grafted yet.  I am waiting on drones. I placed green drone frame in a breeder quality hive a week ago.  I checked this morning and there are few eggs.  I have a few walking drones, not enough and not genetic quality either.  I expect late April at the earliest, more likely May.  We have had a cold March, bees not able to fly, to cold.

Van

No rush Mr Van; at your and natures convenience. It is commendable of you to share such amazing knowledge. I feel certain that Member and I,  along with Nock and Seeb are just few of many folks here interested in your work. Not only now but in the future as well.

Thanks,
Phillip Hall

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 05:01:16 pm »
Haha - We're like a bunch of youngins aren't we Van.

So here are my bee's 24 hours hived - they are pretty active.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 06:03:58 pm »
Just beautiful, all brand new, freshly painted, very nice Ms. Seeb.  I like the lavender color of the hive body.  I also use lavender and yellow and green...  the hive bottom looks to be a screened bottom board.  Is this correct?  Also I like the hive stand, if ants are ever a problem, those pesky critters are controlled via the hive stand, ya know, each leg in a can if water.  Thank you for the pic.

Hang in there HP, very soon, you have beautiful sunshine and warm wind, very soon.

Health to your bees

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 06:57:31 pm »
Thank you Van, and yes, this is a freeman beetle trap with a tray.  I'm using mineral oil in the tray. I bought the stand from a guy on e-bay and I like it because it's heavy and each leg is independently adjustable to help with leveling. If I had remembered about the ants I would have gone ahead and set in cans before staking the stand with trampoline stakes!

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 07:10:13 pm »
Freeman bottom boards are very tight to the tray, well sealed, excellent made, cost $$$, but worth the price.  I treat my hives with Oxalic acid vapor and the Freeman bottom boards do not leak the vapors , as already stated, they are tight fitting.  Other Mfg. bottom boards leak at the seems when treated.

Health to your bees.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:41 pm »
Glad you think so, I was very pleased with the construction. I always look for quality, and if it's made well, I don't mind paying for it.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:09 pm »
check it out - the girls are bringing in pollen 72 hours after hiving.  I'm going in tomorrow to make sure the queen is out, I think she is because I see the workers are keeping the drones out of the hive

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 06:11:23 pm »
I got two setting in the post office I guess. Stopped by PO yesterday morning. She said truck was running late. She took my number and was going to call when they came in. No call. Probably showed up late. Always tomorrow. Yours are doing good Seeb.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:59 am »
Thanks Nock - hope you got your bees without further issue